25. Directions

25. Directions

"Uh, Nagisa-kun..."

Nagisa turned around, surprised to find Kanzaki behind him. It was rare for Nagisa to talk to anyone other than Sugino or Kayano, much less the class madonna Kanzaki. For Kanzaki to approach him? Is the world ending I wonder...

"What's wrong, Kanzaki-san?"

They were three streets from Kunugigaoka's hill, where most of the class, including Kanzaki herself, split off in different directions.

Usually, they would never meet past that point, so it was strange how Kamzaki was behind him. Her house was in the other direction, after all.

"Uh, would you happen to know where the Sakurai Florist's is?" she asked, holding up a hand-drawn map before her as she laughed a little sheepishly. "I've heard it was around this area, but thinking again, this is my first time wandering to this part of town..."

Nagisa chuckled in response.

"The streets here are narrow, so it's hard to find your way around," he said, stepping closer to her in hopes to catch a look of the map she had.

Kanzaki breathed out a heavy sigh in relief, "I'm so glad I caught hold of you! I'd have been lost for hours..."

That would surely be terrifying.

But what exactly was Kanzaki trying to do, coming to such uncharted territory alone? It wasn't even a Friday...

"Sakurai Florist's... ah, isn't that Kuma-sensei's house?" Nagisa asked, surprised to realize it belatedly. "Come to think of it, he didn't make it to class today... do you think he had another surgery he didn't tell us about?"

"I wonder..." Kanzaki hummed, "but, Kuma-sensei told me to drop by if I was ever in need of his help, so I believe I should take full advantage of every occasion, right?"

Kanzaki was an unexpected opportunist.

"Ah, Nagisa! Oh, and Kanzaki-san's here too," came a voice from further away.

Fuwa Yuzuki made her merry way over to their company, a similar hand-drawn map in her hands. Her greeting was cheerful and just the slightest bit obnoxious, but Kanzaki flawlessly, without even a second of hesitation, returned it.

"Nagisa lives in this area, right? Perfect timing, I'm totally lost!" Fuwa laughed at herself, as if she was proud of it, "I'm trying to find my way to Sakurai Florist's."