Chapter 24

This Chapter is dedicated to my new readers. I can't mention names now, but I want you to know that I appreciate your lovely comments and vote. I heart you all🥰 keep supporting me🌹

F A R A H

"Good morning," I said the moment I sat on the dinning.

A smile made it way out of Jawad's lips. "Good morning, how are you feeling now?"

The event of last night flashed in my head.

Shit Farah what have you done.

I remembered crying on Jawad's shoulder. And the craziest part of it is that I told him I can't sleep alone. I've been so emotional that we literally shared the bed. Though we place a barrier between us, which made me feel a bit comfortable.

Ya Allah this is awkward.

"I'm feeling much better Alhamdulillah," I  replied back calmly.

"I've spoken to the security services regarding last night, I hope we'll find out something about the guy." I do hope the thief will be captured.

"So what do you want to do today." He said suddenly taking a sip of his coffee. His words caught me off guard. I still can't believe he's kind to me. Some part of me tells me I should not be comfortable with his new change of behavior.

What do I want to do?

"Let's just stay indoor, we can even do something fun like watching movies or playing games," I suggested. After what happened last night, I don't really feel like going out. it's better if we stay indoors, that way I will feel secure.

He brows furrows for some nanoseconds before he speaks. "Are you ready to play a video game with me?" he said with a smirk.

"Yes," I ushered back confidently.

He stood up and disappear into a room. Ever since we came, I didn't get to see the inside. He came back with a play station. connecting it to the large LCD placed on the wall.

Wow, he's really serious.

"So are you ready to play this game with me, because I must say you're going to lose." The smirk didn't leave his face.

"Yes, I'm ready bring it on." I challenged. To be honest I'm not that good at playing action games.

The screen immediately lit up, and the sound blared through the living room. "You ready?" He asked once again.

"Yes"

We started playing the game, at first everything is going smoothly until he started shooting my character. I did everything to save the character but it seems I can't beat him.

"Yes," he shouted like a small boy. I groaned in annoyance.

"Even if we spent the whole day playing the game you can't beat me."  He stated, raising his hands.

I plopped the pad on the floor and stood up. "You know I can't win against you that's why you made me play this game, it's unfair." I pouted

"Oh really, you're just a bad player," he said amidst laughter.

"I won't ever play video game with you again"

"You know-," the ringing of his phone stopped him from finishing his sentence.

"Hello"

The next thing I heard is Jawad saying we will take the evening flight

What is he saying?

The look of horror on his face tells me something is definitely wrong.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Mom had a heart attack," he said calmly.

Subhanallah

"Go get ready we're taking the evening flight back home" he added rushing upstairs. I hope Aunt Khadija is alright

**

We arrived back home, without wasting time and instantly drove to the hospital.

After arriving at the hospital, Jawad's body went rigid seeing his mom on the hospital bed looking pale. Aunt Khadija's husband is there, Aunt Fatima, Myrah, Khalid, and my mom too, their faces with worry.

I immediately went to my mom and embrace her in a hug. The doctor entered with two nurses, Jawad rushed to the doctor.

"How's my Mom? What happened to her?" He bombarded him with questions.

"Calm down young man, you're-"

"I'm her son" he answered quickly.

"Okay don't worry your mom is fine, she had a heart attack due to stress but she's normal now" the doctor explained.

I sigh of relief made itself out of my lips. Alhamdulillah. I'm glad nothing serious happened to her.

"Can you all stepped out the patient needs rest" the doctor said. We all stepped out except Jawad who sat beside his mom.

I greeted both Aunt Fatima and Myrah, rushing to the hospital, I didn't get to greet them.

"Welcome back Farah," Myrah said offering me a smile, her now small baby bump showing. She embraces me in a light hug. "I missed you guys"

"Me too"

**

Myrah and Khalid left because it's not good for a pregnant woman to take stress, Aunt Fatima and Mom left too. Mr. Abdallah insists I go back home but I told him I will stay.

I rest my head on the wall deep in thought when I felt a presence beside me. Peeping my eyes open I came face to face with Jawad, his eyes look tired, few buttons of his shirt were left open.

"Why didn't you go back home together with Myrah and Khalid," he said in a weak voice.

"Because I want to stay" I ushered back. We stared at each other for some minute, Jawad is the first to avert his eyes.

"I will call the driver to take you home"

"I don't want to go home," I stated.

"Go"

"No"

"Farah-" he turned his face, not knowing what I'm doing I find myself holding his hand.

"Don't push me away please, I want to comfort you," I whispered, meeting my eyes with his

"I don't need comforting" he spitted, removing his hand from my hold. I know he does, he's just holding it in.

A lone tear fell from my eyes, I don't know what has gotten into me. Why am I feeling like this?

"Please" I find myself pleading and once again place my hands on his, this time he didn't resist.

"Mom is going to be okay" I assured squeezing his hands a little, trying to comfort him.

"What did I ever do to deserve you Farah" he whispered.

••

Assalamu Alaikum,

How was the chapter?

Farah and Jawad got closer and something unexpected happened.

What do you think will happen next?

Drop some yellow heart if you enjoyed the chapter 💛💛

See you next time💞