CHAPTER FIFTEEN

1993- Hogwarts express

Remus Lupins point of view:

Voices stirred the exhausted man from his sleep. Remus guessed easily that other students had entered the compartment while he slept.

As he opened his eyes, he noticed a dark, hooded figure in the middle of the compartment.

A Dementor.

It was hovering above two students in particular, Remus stood up and whipped out his wand. "Expecto Patronum!" He said loudly.

The dementor retreated out of the compartment giving him a clear view on the students. The two the creature had been focusing on were panting heavily, the first was a boy who was almost an exact replica of James.

Except, he had green eyes and a lightning bolt scar.

Harry.

The next was a girl with dark brown hair that had a slight red tint and hazel eyes. In her hand, was a black hippy hat.

Jasmine.

All those years ago- when Lupin had attended Hogwarts- he stillremembered her. And, yes, he had been obliviated, but he was a werewolf.

The spell didn't work.

He had tried to convince himself he was crazy and that his subconscious was just making it up as a way to deal with her disappearance, but it wasn't.

He handed them two pieces of choclate, Harry took his without a word and stared at it, though his mind seemed to be elsewhere.
Young Jasmine sniffed the choclate suspiciously before looking up at Remus.

"Won't sugar quills work just as well?"

Sugar quills. He had almost forgotten how much the girl liked them. He felt his lips twitch as Harry asked the question that was on everyones mind.

"What were they?"

"Dementors," Remus answered, his gaze flickering back and forth between the two. "They were looking for Siruis Black."

It was strange to look at Jasmines face when saying Siruis' name and not seeing her features light up. Even when she was thirteen, her eyes were heavy as though the weight of the world was weighing on them.

Remus quickly excused himself before his emotions could get the best of him, this was going to be a long year.

Same year- Hogwarts school of witch craft and wizardry

Remus Lupins point of view:

Well, at least he knew where Jasmine had gotten the last name 'Granger' from.

Jasmine Lily Potter. Remus remembered how it was Lilys idea to name there daughter after Jasmine, James of course didn't remember who Jasmine really was, but still agreed whole heartedly.

Remus could only wonder what Siruis would say.

1995- Number 12 Grimmauld place

Siruis Blacks point of view:

It was a horrible reminder of what he had lost, Siruis thought as watched Jasmine junior wonder around his brothers old room.

She acted like his Jasmine. She looked like his Jasmine. But she wasn't. She was his best mates kid, his goddaughter.

Remus seemed to share the same train of thought, especially when Siruis learned what Hermiones last name was.

"She's not related to her, she's a muggleborn." He had mumbled before Siruis could open his mouth.

It annoyed him to no end that they never found Jasmines body, that she was destined to be lost forever.

"My brothers room," Siruis called out quietly. The sudden noise made Jasmine jump.

God she was even as jumpy as her.

"You have a brother?" She asked curiously, running a hand through her hair.

The same mannerisms.

"Had." He corrected, he leaned off of the door frame and entered the room. "He was a death eater. But... someone special convinced him it was wrong and he tried to leave. Voldemort had him killed."

Jasmines eyebrows rose. "Oh. Was she special to you too?"

Siruis stared at her out of the corner of his eye and gave a small smile.

"You have no idea. She was my whole world. She waltzed right into my life and right back out again a few months later, took my heart with her too."

"Why'd she leave?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. She was going to America to visit her brother and got attacked. Nobody ever saw her again."

Jasmine stared off awkwardly, scrambling for something to say.

"You wanna see my Patronous?" She asked.

"Go ahead."

She cast the charm and a doe appeared in the room. Siruis' heart ached as he looked at it.

If he didn't know any better, he'd say she was his Jasmine.

1997- Shell Cottage

Remus Lupins point of view:

"I want you two to be the godparents."

Jasmine choked on her glass of water and Harry dropped his.

"What!?"

The both exclaimed in usion, their twin aspects shinning through.

"I want you to be the godparents to Teddy." Remus repeated simply.

"A-are you sure?" Harry stuttered.

Remus laughed softly, "Yes. Yes I am."

"Are you insane?" Jasmine questioned.

"Quite sane."

Harry and Jasmine shared a look. "Even after what I did?" Harry asked sheepishly.

Remus nodded.

"Why?" Jasmine asked.

Why. It was a simple question, that held so much meaning to Remus. He remembered quite clearly all the times Jasmine had spoken lovingly about her godson in his youth.

A smile spread on his lips.

"Because I know if anyone can handle Teddy, it'll be you two."