Prologue

Prologue

Long ago, before the Calamity struck, King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule took to the throne. Every citizen in Hyrule was proud to have a new king, who would hopefully seal away Calamity Ganon for good. Everyone was hopeful. Everyone was cheerful.

All except one.

King Rhoam's older brother Prince Artemis was the rightful heir to the throne of Hyrule. It was always presumed that the eldest son/daughter would become king after the passing of their predecessor. However, in Hyrule, this was not the case.

With exemplary skills in combat, archery, magic and intellect, Artemis was deemed a rightful heir until his brother was born. Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule was found to have a sacred power said to be bestowed upon him from the Goddess Hylia. A power that would later prove useful in defending the kingdom against Ganon (A/N: This is NOT the same as Zelda's power, just go with it). This was first discovered when he was at the mere age of 5. His brother was 10 by this time. Ever since then, it was written into law that whoever possessed this power was now the rightful heir to the throne, regardless of whether or not they were the eldest.

Artemis was furious when he was told that he would never be king. He bore a strong resentment to his younger brother ever since. Soon, the resentment grew towards the entire kingdom. So, he decided to leave Hyrule and become ruler of a kingdom elsewhere.

And that's what he did. He set off in search of unclaimed land, and after weeks of searching, he came upon a mysterious country island filled with mysterious creatures and strange people with rounded ears, instead of the pointed ears that Hylians had. (Normal human ears). This country island was called Zeranda, named after the Goddess Zera. With grass greener than one could ever imagine, and sky bluer, Zeranda was everyone's definition of Utopia. After proving his prowess via his insurmountable skills in magic, archery and his high intelligence, he was crowned King Artemis of Zeranda. He married a woman from this land, and gave birth to a daughter, the Princess of Zeranda.

Her name was Y/N.

With beautiful (h/c) hair and iridescent (e/c) eyes, this Princess was born with a sacred power (the same as Zelda's power) that proved useful in keeping monsters at bay from the Kingdom of Zeranda, and keeping all citizens safe. Unfortunately, the Queen passed away when Y/N was just 3 years old, leaving her without a mother. Even so, the Princess was said to be the most beautiful, intelligent, kind and powerful woman in all of Zeranda. Everyone adored and respected her.

Just like most, she had a passion. Her biggest passion was flying. She had always envied birds and the avian type for being able to fly away from their demons and problems. She always wished she could fly. The closest she ever came was riding on a giant Eagle's back when she was 8 years old. It was a magical experience, and one she wanted to relive someday. All appeared to be well for King Artemis and his daughter in the land of Zeranda.

Meanwhile, in Hyrule, all was not well. The Calamity had risen and King Rhoam had fallen to his death whilst defending Hyrule, leaving his daughter Zelda to make desperate attempts at harnessing her power. Unlike you, your younger cousin was much slower in being able to unlock it. As a result, her appointed knight Link and the four champions had fallen into comas whilst battling the Blight Ganons inside of their Divine Beasts, and had been placed inside the Shrine of Resurrection.

However, 100 years had passed, and the five had yet to awake and resume helping Zelda. Ganon's rage was insatiable by this point, and he was determined to destroy everything in his path. Thousands of innocent lives were lost. The castle was a ruin. Monsters freely roamed the now barren land of Hyrule. Zelda couldn't go on like this. 

~~~