Chapter 1 : The Aftermath

'So... what did we miss?' Daruk asked lightheartedly, attempting to lighten the foreboding mood that lingered in the group of newly awakened Champions including Zelda.

'Father is gone... the entire kingdom is gone! And it's all my fault!' Zelda cried, covering her face with her hands.

Urbosa stepped forward and placed a gentle hand on the distraught Princess' shoulder. 'There, there. What did I say about feeling sorry for yourself? That won't help seal away Ganon, that's for certain.'

Revali sighed to himself as this long and monotonous meeting dragged on. Although he had been asleep for 100 years, he had not forgotten the events prior to his defeat. He blamed Link for the whole thing, and he wasn't afraid to express it.

'And so the darkness sealing sword didn't live up to its name, eh?' He muttered whilst turning his back on the group.

'That's enough, Revali. You aren't helping anyone.' Urbosa snapped, having heard the bird man. He also earned a scowl from Link.

Mipha then stepped forward to comfort Zelda. 'Princess, might I suggest seeking some help from an external source?'

Everyone's eyebrows except Zelda's raised in the group. Revali was the first to speak up.

'An external source? Such as from a foreign kingdom? Are you out of your mind? I suppose your thought process may have been rather unorthodox considering the predicament we're in, however, a suggestion such as that is simply-,'

'That doesn't sound like a bad idea,' Daruk interrupted him.

'You can't possibly agree with her, your highness?' Revali turned to Zelda. All eyes were on her at this point.

'I'm afraid it is our only option. My Uncle Artemis lives in a far off kingdom. Nobody knows where he went when he found out he couldn't be king. And I don't even know if he's still alive.' Zelda explained.

'We must find answers.' Urbosa said.

~~~

The group soon reached Impa's house in the hope of finding Artemis. Zelda knew that if there was anyone who knew anything, it would be Impa. She was a pleasant soul who was always able to offer advice. She had been a shoulder to cry on for Zelda many times over the past 100 years. Though now old and frail, Impa was still just as willing to aide them on this arduous task.

'Artemis was furious when your father's power was discovered when he was just aged 5. He was consumed by jealousy and hatred towards him.'

Revali was looking at Link now. This was a feeling he knew all too well.

Impa continued. 'So he set off to a far away Island by the name of Zeranda. It is said that a Goddess named Zera once lived there. The people there were mesmerised by this man - they viewed him as a deity of some kind - and he was eventually crowned king. Do not doubt your uncle, although he lacks the power to fully protect the kingdom, his skills would be invaluable when it comes to defeating calamity Ganon.'

~~~

After the meeting, Zelda gathered all of the champions in Hyrule Castle.

'We shall seek out my uncle Artemis, and request his help.'

'Were none of you paying attention to my concerns? Impa even said herself that he lacks the power to defend Hyrule from Ganon!' Revali piped up. 'We are not in need of any external help. Us four champions - even without that little knight of yours - can take down Calamity Ganon.'

'Are you already forgetting what happened 100 years ago?' Urbosa rolled her eyes.

'No, I am simply stating that I, at least, am more than capable of single handedly defeating Calamity Ganon! If you had just left it to me, that little knight wouldn't have ruined everything! But no, you had to make me a sidekick!' He boasted, causing everyone to roll their eyes.

'Revali, that's enough! Quit blaming others for what happened!' Daruk interjected.

'You can try all you want. But my mind is set.' The bird proceeded to turn his back on the group.

'We set off for Zeranda tomorrow at dawn.' Zelda ordered.