✨Chapter 8: New friends, Same family

"I see someone has finally decorated, ouu is this mink?" Sienna asked running her fingers along the fur throw blanket across Sabian's couch.

Sabian shook his head with a laugh, "I'm not sure. I paid someone to decorate"

"I should've known you'd say that" she playfully slit her eyes, "Either way, I love it. Can't wait to see what you did with the guest rooms"

Sienna picked up her luggage, only for Sabian to gesture for it instead. She jokingly rolled her eyes as he was always being such a big brother, and while usually she would reject his help this time she didn't put up an argument.

"So, how was your flight?" Sabian asked, returning to the living room after dropping his sister's bags off.

"Long" she yawned, "Ya girl is tired"

"Too tired to party tomorrow? Let me know, and we can just cancel everything right now"

"Oh no, you're not slick" Sienna pointed at her brother, "Always trying to back out of parties. You deserve this, I know all you do is work"

Sabian laughed, "That may be true, but tomorrow is more so about welcoming you home. I got a few of my friends coming pass, Mom, Dad and JR will be here too"

"Oof, can't wait" Sienna twisted her mouth.

Sabian didn't even have to ask what warranted her change of expression, knowing all too well that his baby sister and parents didn't always get along. Sure, as a family they loved each other - but it was a fact they didn't always like each other. And while that was true for the other members of his family, Sabian and Sienna were extremely close. He was glad to have her home for the summer, and knew the next few months would be interesting with her around since she was never afraid to say what was on her mind.

"Stop acting like that, we're starting the summer off positive" Sabian said nudging her in the arm.

"You're right, you're right" Sienna threw her hands up, "Tomorrow will be fun. Can't wait. Now are you cooking or getting a chef, because —"

"Oh so you're trying to buss" Sabian laughed "Matter of fact, I am cooking. So be prepared to be stuffed"

"Mhh, I can taste the obay and parsley now"

The two shared a laugh, a loud yawn coming from Sienna's mouth afterwards.

"Jet lag is a real thing. I'm going to head to bed, see you in the morning."

Sabian shook his head with a laugh as Sienna had just arrived, but he was the first to know that long flights could be exhausting. He told his sister goodnight, deciding to take it down as well since tomorrow would indeed be a long day.

                                     ✨

       "Ay boss where you want me to put the food?" Cash asked, strolling into the house with the rest of Sabian's homeboys as they carried multiple shopping bags.

"In the kitchen is good, T let me show you where the grill at"

Sabian gestured his friend to the large back patio that was on its way to being set up for the pool party. With a significantly long guest list he had to make sure things were in order. He hoped it wouldn't be no more than fifty guests in attendance, and to him that was more than enough people in his home at once - however he knew his friends and family would be spreading the word like wildfire.

"Damn, you can see the whole fucking Cali from up here. And you just now throwing something out here?" T asked, his hand hovering above his eyes as he dramatically scanned the magnificent view of the mountains and the beautiful city. The spacious pool that was designed in the shape of an S adorned the backyard, definitely a stunning piece that made it even more breathtaking.