Chapter 3: Decisions

(In this chapter you get to spend some alone time with your favourite birdie 😉)

(Your POV)

Y/N was extremely nervous about this. She was raised to never trust a Hylian, since they had betrayed her father in the past. However, Zelda appeared to be at her wits end with this Ganon. More than anything, Y/N just wished she hadn't been involved. And the Champions seemed like an odd yet endearing bunch. The rock man seemed like a gentle giant, the fish girl was just the cutest thing ever, the warrior woman seemed very heroic, and the bird... he was just... strange. Alongside the appointed knight who appeared to be mute. However, her main concern was disappointing her father whilst on his death bed. She knew it would be completely dishonourable, however, she didn't want to further increase his stress by trying to garner his approval for something like this. However, she didn't want to let them down. So she put on her finest silver dress, and attended the dinner party.

~~~~~

'So who is this Ganon?' She asked, trying to be as casual and inviting as possible.

'He is an ancient being who has lived in our kingdom for years. He is the most evil being in creation. During the calamity 100 years ago, thousands of innocent Hyrulian lives were lost. Including the champions. They barely made it out alive.' Zelda explained.

Y/N felt her expression change and her heart sink upon hearing this. These seemingly kind people almost lost their lives defending their land to the death... what a noble thing to do.

'Some say Ganon was a Gerudo,' Urbosa added.

'All of our tools in which we used to fight against him, the Guardians and the Divine Beasts, they've all turned against us.' Zelda said. 'My father was lost to the Calamity, and I have been left fighting alone inside the castle trying to harness this supposed 'power' to seal Ganon away, but to no avail.'

'Power?' Y/N raised her eyebrows. 'What kind of power?'

'It is said that Princess Zelda has the blood of the Goddess Hylia.' Mipha explained. 'This gives her a sacred power that can be used to seal away Ganon. However she has yet to find a way to use it.'

'Fascinating.' Y/N commented. 'I have a power in which I use to keep our kingdom safe. It's been successful so far.'

'I've just had a thought,' Mipha interjected. 'Since Zelda has the blood of the Goddess, and you are, well, her cousin, perhaps you might also have the blood of Goddess Hylia, Y/N,'

'Interesting concept. I've never thought about that before, I always thought my power was bestowed upon me by our Goddess, Zera. Then again, my father is a Hyrulian, after all, therefore, I've got both Hylian and Zerandan blood running through my veins.' Y/N said. This whole dinner acted as a wake up call for her. It was almost like she was learning about the other half of her ancestry since her father refused to speak of it. As the night drew on, the more engaging the conversation became. She found herself particularly interested in this sacred power that Zelda spoke of.

'Of course, this is all speculation. It's not like she could really seal away Ganon.' Revali spoke up. He was met with various scowls from the other champions.

'You just couldn't hold your tongue, could you? Not even for five minutes?' Urbosa hissed angrily.

'She's just as timid and feeble as Zelda! There's no way she'd be able to defeat Ganon!'

'Ignore him, Y/N. He believes he's the hero who can save us all.' Urbosa said.

'I understand why you might think that,' Y/N said, trying to keep her composure from this growing embarrassment.

This caught Revali off guard, as he expected her to shout some insults back at him just like everyone else did, however, when he looked deeply into her eyes he saw no sign of anger or frustration. She was as calm as ever. However, she also wanted to know more.

~~~~~

Later that evening, after the dinner, Revali sat in the room that was allocated for him and pondered everything. There was no way this Y/N girl held the power to seal away Ganon. Zelda's attempts had all ended in failure. What could possibly make them think that this girl would be successful? Or that she was even willing to do this? Sure, she was objectively attractive, he could admit that much, but what good would that do when it came to saving an entire kingdom?

Revali's thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

'Who is it?' He answered in an irritated tone of voice, hoping they'd get the message and go away.

'It's Y/N,' a familiar voice called from the other side of the door.

His eyebrows raised in shock. She was the last person he was expecting to show up. His instincts took over at that point, and he hurried to the door, allowing the princess to enter.

'Come to admire me, have you?' He smirked.

'What?' She asked confused.

'I see the way you've been looking at me. But fear not, I'm used to it. Now make this quick.'

'I just came by to check on everything. I'm dropping in on all of our guests tonight.' Y/N lied. She was only interested in Revali. 'I also came to try and understand what you said at the dinner about me being too 'feeble' to defeat Ganon.'

'Is this conversation really necessary?' He rolled his eyes.

'Yes. You all seem genuine enough, and I want to help. But you, you're different. You're way more outspoken than the others.'

Revali was still surprised at her cool reaction to his outburst. He was sure she would criticise him for disrespecting a princess like that, but she seemed quite the opposite. 'Outspoken?' He repeated, attempting to tread carefully now.

'Yes. You seem opposed to this.'

He hesitated for a moment. Then he decided he was not ready to open up to her yet.

'That's because I am. I told them that I could defeat Ganon singlehandedly, but the fools never listened, therefore, the kingdom perished to what it is today. Involving third parties would simply complicate things. Now, your highness, if you'll excuse me. I must polish my bow.'

'Wait, Revali-,'

'Ahem.'

'Okay. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have intruded on you like this. It won't happen again.' Y/N sadly backed away, before turning around and exiting the dormitory.

This hadn't gone as she planned it to. However, she wasn't going to give up. She was going to get to know this bird. Regardless of whether or not she was going ahead with this mission, she was going to break down his walls.