Chapter 7

Gabriel was astonished. He couldn't express his gratitude. Of course, he couldn't remember, buy the idea of his assistant, coming with him to such a special event, and comforting him after such a bad experience made him feel some sort of warmth. 

-Thank you, Nathalie. 

-It was nothing - she smiled. 

-Are you tired, do you wanna rest? - he asked. 

-No, but we need to say goodbye to Marinette and Adrien, give Sophie her dinner and get her to bed. You generally do that, but I guess I'll do it myself - she said standing up from the sofa. 

-Can I be there? - asked Gabriel.

-I beg your pardon?

-Can I be there when you take her to bed? She is my daughter and I... I want to be near her. 

Nathalie was touched by his words. Hearing him call her his daughter, and the thought of him wanting to interact with her again, was too much for Nathalie to take. She immediately threw her arms around his neck. He didn't hesitate in putting his arms around her waist and holding her tightly. This woman meant so much to him, how was he so blind?

A soft knock on the door pulled them from their trance. 

-Mom? Dad? - called Adrien - we need to go. 

-NOOO!!! Mommy, tell him not to go- cried Sophie

-We'll be right out - said Nathalie letting go of the embrace and walking towards the door. 

Once in the front door, Adrien handed a crying Sophie to Gabriel. 

-She already took her shower and has her pajamas on. Goodbye, guys. 

-Thank you, goodbye, Son. 

-Goodbye, Dad. 

-Don't leave, Aid - moaned Sophie

-I need to go to school, you also go to school. Right, little monster?

-Yes - she laughed - and don't call me a monster. 

-But you're our favorite monster - said Marinette, lying a kiss on the child's cheek. -Goodbye, Sir. See you next week. 

-See you next week, guys. Call us as soon as you get home - yelled Nathalie waving at the young couple riding their car. 

Nathalie closed the front door and stood in front of Gabriel with her hands on her hips. 

-Alright, what do my favorite guys wanna have for dinner? 

-Lasagna! - yelled Sophie. 

-Lasagna? - asked Gabriel - But you had pasta at lunch little glutton. 

-Alright, but the lasagna will have vegetables. 

-Moooom!!! Noooo!!

-Mom said vegetables - answered Gabriel - Deal?

-Deal - the little girl growled. 

Right after finishing dinner Sophie started to yawn. 

-I will take her up, could you please tell Nancy we are finished? You can meet us at Sophie's.

-Sure - said Gabriel standing up.

Nathalie took Sophie up, while Gabriel walked to the kitchen and told the cook they were already finished. Then he walked upstairs. 

-"...you are my sunshine, my little sunshine".

This beautiful voice was coming from Sophie's bedroom. 

When Gabriel took a peek inside the room he found Nathalie sitting next to their daughter, singing a sweet song to her. He quietly walked up to them, he was completely dazzled by her singing voice. She stopped singing when she realized Sophie was fully asleep, she leaned over and kissed her forehead before standing up. 

-Goodnight, Sir - whispered Nathalie. 

-I... I thought you could... sleep in your bed, our bed - he whispered back. 

-I... 

-Let's talk outside - he suggested. 

Nathalie nodded and exited the room. 

-Nat, listen I was thinking - he said once outside - You should come sleep with me. 

-What?

-Well, you're my wife and... we need to go back to normal. It might help me remember. 

-Are you sure of this? - she asked completely stupefied. 

-Yes.

Truth is Gabriel was not sure, he had no idea why he was asking Nathalie to sleep with him.

-Alright then. 

Gabriel tried to give Nathalie some space for her to lie. Although this bed was a king-size, he didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. Of course, he was her husband, she shouldn't feel uncomfortable with him. And at the same time, he wanted so bad to come close to her. 

Nathalie took her usual place on the left side of the bed when she turned around and faced him. 

-And? Any memories?

-No.

She seemed disappointed, yet she smiled. 

-Everything will be fine, I know. I will keep on telling you stories tomorrow. 

-Thank you, Nathalie. Thank you so much - he yawned - You could start by telling me where you learned to sing like that. It is beautiful. 

-Just sleep, my love, I will tell you tomorrow - she laughed while turning off the lights.