A Guy's Best friend

"I like you" I stared at him. I wanted him so badly, I kissed him and he kissed me back so that has to mean something. I like you.....i've always had a crush on you. I waited for him to say something hell, anything.

"we're going to be late" he picked up his bag and hurried up the stairs. I wish he would just tell me but instead he says 'we're going to be late'. It took me months to work up the courage to kiss him and now I just said that....I'm so fucking stupid. I picked up my bag and heading up the basement stairs. Today we were riding with his brother West, and usually it's all jokes and fun but not today. It was quite.

"What's wrong boys, lovers quarrel?" West looked at his brother in the passenger seat then me through the rearview.

"Your the only lover that I have Westley." I winked at him and he smiled.

"You sure Nick doesn't mind us hooking up? My brother can get very jealous at times." He ruffled Nick's hair, Nick hates when he does that.

"I don't care, it's not any of my business." He said nonchalantly looking out the window. "Just make sure to tell your boyfriend if he kisses me again, I'll break his jaw."

The car went really quiet.

"You guys are so weird, Alright'y then I have to get to work so get your asses out of my car." West dropped us off at school.

"Hey Nick..." I followed him.

"hmm?" He refused to look at me. He kept walking.

"I-I'm sorry if I took it to far this time...but I thought...that...-" he stopped and turned to face me. I could feel my own face turning red. He signed, he looked very irritated. I'm not doing this again. I won't say those words ever again, "that it would be funny.....clearly it was just a joke. You need to learn to not be so serious all the time" I said trying to sound as cool as possible.

"Fuck off." He turned and walked away from me. I headed to class.

If Nicholas is truly my best friend he knows he should know how I feel about him right? I mean I'm always talking about guys and stuff...joking stuff though but I thought he would get the hint. I guess I can't be angry with him because it was wrong of me to assume that the feelings would be reciprocated. It was just a stupid kiss. I just take tings too far sometimes.