Chapter 35

Emma glared at Jessie and Albert as they walked into the room. She didn't wait for them to sit 'How could you do this? Why didn't you tell me about my father? My real Father!' They both visibly tense under her scowl. The shock was clear on their faces and Albert open and closed his mouth twice but nothing came out. 'You all have been lying to me. Here I am trying to move on and every time something screws with it. I can never truly do that, not when he is out there. Always a reminder. And you never told me, it just knocked me off my feet. Fuck!' Jonas came and hug her, not saying anything and she was grateful. She was breathing hard, she felt betrayed and she wasn’t sure how to deal with something like this.

‘Emma we just wanted to protect you…’

‘We never lied, we just didn’t tell you the whole truth… we are very sorry…’

She looked away from their pleading face as a cramp ran through her stomach and she rubbed it agitatedly 'Hey...' Jonas spins her around staring at her in concern 'Was it another cramp?' She nodded, unable to hide her grimace. Fuck she just wanted the whole day to end. She was fed up and tired. If she got any angrier, she was going to pop her babies out right here in their living room. Despite how hard it was to take a breather, she thought of her babies and decided the stress was not worth it. She will deal with Jesse and Albert another time. 'Maybe we should get you to the hospital,' she shook her head no and rests her head in his chest.

‘Emma…’

‘Are you okay?’ Jesse finished. 

Before Emma could respond, Jonas beat her to it ‘Leave my home and my wife. She has enough to deal with at the moment.’ She didn’t say anything of Jonas kicking them out, at the moment she was mad and worried. Not a very good combination in her condition. He then took her chin and looked at her face

'I’m fine. I'm just going to take a nap,' he frown down at her but nodded all the same. He rubbed his hands up and down her back before he led her out of the room and up the stairs. Jonas didn't allow her to say anything more to Jesse and Albert. Emma really didn't want to talk to them again.

Once in her bedroom, he helped her into one of his T-shirts and into bed 'Get some rest love, everything will work out.' He kissed her forehead before he left.

Emma sighed and tried to relax her tense body. The stress was working on her and it wasn't healthy for the twins. Deep breaths and singing keep her from thinking about her sudden problems, and she was able to close her eyes and fall asleep.

When Jonas got back down stairs he found the living room empty. He was both pissed and glad they were gone. He wanted to give them a piece of his mind. They knew everything and they had neither informed him nor his wife. Ever since he met Emma again, it was one revelation after the other. Was it too much to ask that after the dismissal of Fin, that they have a normal life and a smooth sail? Running a hand through his hair he was about to go back upstairs when the doorbell rang. Sighing he went and open it.

He froze.

A smooth sail? Things couldn’t have gotten bumpier.

The similarities were there. The eyes, hair and the high cheek bone. The man in front of him, just a foot shorter, was looking around unsure and eager at the same time.

'Um hello.' He spoke looking up at him. 'Can I come in?'

Jonas was angry. Who the fuck did he think he was, coming to his home? But regardless of his anger he stepped aside and let him in. He didn't move from the foyer, he didn't want him any more in his home. 'I'm sorry for coming here like this. And for not introducing myself, I'm Errol Rose. Emma's biological father. I don't know if she knows who I am and I… I just want her to… I don’t know… get to know me? What I’m trying to say is that I want a chance, a chance to explain, to prove myself and finally be with my daughter.'