Foreword

"If an Evolved is after you, do not fight it; they are stronger; don't run, they are faster. Call for help, and pray that the Evolved's blow kills you instantly, with no pain." That's what my dad always said when I was a child. 

But there I was, tempted to get closer and touch that sculpted chest, prisoner of those predator and fascinating eyes... Eyes that didn't show feelings but were crystalline and pure at the same time.

Although my parents trusted them for being also humans, the last time I saw them was inside a coffin, going down on earth. We already knew you could not trust predators.

I always felt I would come across one of them: EH, which stands for 'Evolved Humans.'

An improved version. They look similar to an average human, making them more frightening. I studied their bodies: sharp nails as claws, eyes like the ones of a cat, and developed canine teeth as predators. Smart and more muscular, with better eyesight and smell sense. High, guarded walls surround the remaining cities to protect our already reduced population from these creatures.

In this world without hope, I never thought I could find someone who would make me question all that I knew. He doesn't know about our human society, innocent but dangerous; I wanted to show him everything, including feelings, hoping that he would not hurt me.