𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. the one where peter knows his wine

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི            CHAPTER 8.
࿐ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵖᵉᵗᵉʳ ᵏⁿᵒʷˢ ʰⁱˢ ʷⁱⁿᵉ

     "STILES, I'M GONNA GIVE YOU ANOTHER CONCUSSION IF YOU DON'T JUST SIT DOWN

"STILES, I'M GONNA GIVE YOU ANOTHER CONCUSSION IF YOU DON'T JUST SIT DOWN." Peter grumbled, running his own hands over his temple as he watched Stiles pace the hospital lobby.

Stiles bit his bottom lip, "Pete, I'm good, but we have many, many things that are not good."

along came Melissa McCall, clad one her classic
maroon scrubs and tight ringlet cults pulls into a neat ponytail. maybe Stiles would listen to her. A strong maybe. "Stiles, lets go. Peter's right."

"I'm completely and totally fine."

Melissa sighed, gripped the bicep of the teenager and leading him away, Peter getting to his feet and shuffling behind them. "You completely and totally have a concussion, Stiles. Lie back down. The doctor said you're not leaving without a CT scan."

The Sheriff's son rolled his eyes as he slumped onto the stiff hospital bed, Peter into the small chair in the corner. "We still haven't paid for the last one."

Melissa tilted her head. "Even if I let you go, what would you do?"

Peter piped up, "Continue to be an idiot. That's— that's what he would do." In return he got a nod from melissa and a harsh glare from Stiles, as expected.

"Okay— okay, fine. Can you do me one little favor?"

Melissa let out a breath of relief. "Anything."

"Can you get me a tape player?" He smiled innocently, ignoring Peter's load groan in the background.

The nurse perked an eyebrow. "Like... cassettes?"

Stiles nodded curtly. "Yes. Tapes."

She took a moment to think where in the world she could even begin to look for one of those, but agreed nonetheless. The least she could do for the boy was get him a damn cassette player. "Yeah, I'll see what I can do."

"Okay, tapes though, please." He continued as she made her way out of the door.

She glanced back. "Cassettes."

And the room was left to the awkward silence between the two boys. The silence of two people who had too many things to say to even know where to begin. Peter had so many things to complain about to begin with, and a nice hot 'I told you so' coming Stiles' way.