1. O'Tama and Fumi-pon

"O'Tama, it's an emergency!"

The blonde stood right up from her spot, cigarette tucked between her teeth as she whirled toward the intruder.

"What's going on?" she demanded, a hand already on her baseball bat. Did the gal gang from the next school over barge onto the wrong turf again? She thought she'd taught them enough of a lesson last time around...

"It's Fumi-pon again! They got'im!"

"What?!"

-

-

"So... you caused a fight at the underpass by the river and got yourself arrested?"

Uncle Yukihira was definitely furious. His arms folded, his brows furrowed, his lips pursed like a lecture was already at his lips.

This wasn't the first time he had to bail his daughter out of jail, it's old news.

The problem this time was...

"s'Not my fault! They nabbed Fumi, what was I supposed to do, let 'em take him?" she argued right back, still on her knees but not at all apologetic.

Wildly, she gestured at the boy on the chair, who in his seven year old glory was wrapped in bandages and plasters all over.

"Just look at'im! He's black n' blue cause he's too wimpy to fight back!"

"Uh, I'm okay... it doesn't hurt."

"Don't act tough, of course it does!"

The girl scrambled up to brush his bangs out of the way, revealing a line of bandages around his head. There was even a wound around his temple that had bled pretty badly.

"I said I was fine..."

-

Yukihira Tamako, better known as O'Tama, was the most infamous delinquent in Sumire Shopping District.

Kiyofumi, or as many call him, Fumi, was just a young orphan living on the streets until Tamako found him and got the shopping district involved. He was then deposited safely in a foster home that was a bakery only a little Grandmother lived.

It went without saying that Tamako and Kiyofumi were only half a step from being real siblings. Perhaps in a slightly different situation, that would have been exactly what occurred.

As involved in gang fights as she was, delinquents from the next prefecture often kidnapped Fumi, simply to settle grudges with underhanded methods.

(After all, Fumi, like all family, was Tamako's only weakness.)

You could say that Fumi had gotten used to it already.

-

At this point, Uncle Yukihira had gotten off his chair and his yells could be heard through closed doors, "in the first place, Kiyofumi was only nabbed because you gave them a grudge to avenge! This all happened because of you, not because of them! Why can't you start realizing that your actions have consequences!"