𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

STAGE THREE: FIND YOUR CROWD

1985

𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. Find your crowd. That was an easy saying if you knew how to make friends, but Mollie didn't. The only friend she had seemed to get at this moment was Steve and Robin. And yet she had doubts they truly cared.

See if keeping in touch with friends was easy well Mollie would have millions. She had gone through thousands of friends- some who liked her and others who liked mocking her. With friends Mollie would always eventually conclude that they didn't like her. Resulting in awkward greetings of hi in the hall. But today that was going to change.

Mollie was working at the video store when Carol and her friends walked in. This video store wasn't packed at all. Starcourt mall practically drove away all possible costumers. So, it was unusual and yet a surprise when the popular girl that Mollie assumed she was once friends with walked in. Carol and her two friends stood by the counter. When she ordered one of her fiends wondered off around the store while the other stood beside her, minding her own business but still listening in to what Carol was saying.

As soon as Keith went to grab their movie of choice (), Mollie looked around awkwardly before deciding to speak up, "How's-how's you and Tommy?"

Feeling awkward, Carol looked to her friend next to her in disgust before answering, "Uh... we like broke up a few months ago."

Rubbing the back of her neck, Mollie avoided all eye contact with Carol. "I'm, uh, sorry."

"Well, he's going to college and I'm not so..." Carol explained herself. Rocking back and forth on her feet, Carol impatiently tapped the counter her manicured nails making a tapping sound with each second, she carried on for. "Is there any way we could hurry this up?"

"Uh, yeah, sorry." Mollie apologised. Looking behind her, Mollie shouted, "Keith!" Looking back around, Mollie rubbed her neck. Her goal was to find her crowd – maybe this group was it. "Do you wanna maybe catch up someday?"

Sighing with a tight-lipped smile, Carol spoke, "Uh... I'm really busy."

"Don't be rude, Carol." One of Carol's friends, Kimberly Fraser scalded. Leaning over to Carol, Kim spoke in a loud whisper. Just loud enough that Mollie could hear, "She's cute."

You see Kimberly Fraser was Hawkins Queen B. She was untouchable. With model like features, Kim was someone the whole school admired. You would not dare disobey her. She would find a way to destroy you. But inside she had a daring secret that would destroy her life. The secret was not that she had a heart of gold, that was only know to people who were close to her. No, the secret was never to be revealed – only hinted at.

Hearing Kim's comment made Mollie's cheeks turn bright red. Something that was thought to be pure embarrassment by the two friends of Kim's but known to be something else by the other two girls. But to Mollie, she didn't like this feeling. The feeling she had when she was around certain people. This feeling had only happened around three people – two of them being in recent history.