Chapter 8: The Breath Of Life.

Melody felt dead both inside and outside. She was indeed dying. Dying from the ruthless sun and the ruthless training. All she wanted was her soft bed, no no, even the bed roll here will make do, and water. Oh sweet-sweet water.

Melody was at the camp that all the teenage Werewolves were supposed to go to during the summers, away from Onyxscar where all kinds of dark creatures lived. Werewolves, Vampires, Witches, Wizards and Humans. Faeries didn't live there though, they preferred living in their own world, the Faerieland, which was situated in the Between. Both in and out of Earth.

"Watts!" Yelled Buffy Egg, Melody cringed. "Are your arms dead?"

Yes! She wanted to yell back at him. "No sir!" She yelled back instead.

Buffy Egg continued yelling at someone else. Melody sighed.

She has been training with a stick, she couldn't remember what it was called, she had dazed out when Buffy Egg, the trainer, had been explaining it at the beginning of the session.

Buffy Egg was what everyone called him. Because he was big and had a bald, shiny head. He always had a whistle hanging on his neck, but Melody couldn't see why he needed it, his voice was already loud enough, to top it off, he would always blow on that darned whistle.

She continued hitting the bag of stiff cotton harder, with everything she had left, which wasn't much.

To make her muscles stronger, they said. But the only thing it was doing was making her arm numb.

Melody dearly missed her mate, Jamie-Ray or JR as he liked to be called. She wanted to curl up beside him on her bed, with a large jug of water on her bedside. Oh water!

Melody could have had left with JR, she wanted to very badly, at least she would have been away from this torture to her body. She wanted to be selfish and take the opportunity but she didn't, that would have been hypocritical of her. JR had asked her to come with him, but she had declined his offer. She didn't want to misuse his power and also she didn't want to do what Triple has been doing all these years.

All these years she had been cursing Triple and her friends who always stepped out since they were close friends with Hunter. They all did, Hunter's friends. Even though this time it was because of their previous Alpha, who was in a very bad health. But she didn't know why Triple and her friends had left with Hunter. Since Hunter was their current Alpha, and JR, their Beta, it was fine for them to leave. But why Triple?

It annoyed Melody to a great extent. Triple wasn't their Luna, not yet. Even if she would be soon, she wasn't the true Luna. No, it was Willow, she was sure almost the whole school knew of it. Even though they denied it, she knew that they know of Willow being Hunter's mate. Their true Luna.

It was pretty obvious, how he had suddenly flipped out and bullied Willow. He never hurt her himself, he couldn't, atleast not physically, but he also never stopped anyone else from hurting her. It was as if he blamed Willow for being his mate, as if he blamed her for being weak. Melody knew that Willow wasn't weak, not until recently, it was as if she was growing weaker everyday. She was aware of the pain Willow felt everytime Hunter was with someone, and it tore her that she could do nothing about it, Hunter was her Alpha at the end of the day. Plenty of nights she was informed by JR of Hunter's whereabouts, she would then rush over to Willow's place, if she could do nothing of the pain then she could atleast be for her though it was of little help.

Melody could still remember the day a year back. It was still fresh in her mind. The terror she had felt, the hopelessness. She shuddered at the thought.

Melody tapped her brown boots on the ground in a sequence.

Tap tap. Tap tap tap. Tap tap. Tap tap tap.