Prologue

"Grab your gun, time to go to hell.

I'm no hero, guilty as charged.

Search and destroy."

I watched the life drain from my wife's eyes as I held her bleeding body

I watched the life drain from my wife's eyes as I held her bleeding body. I took my hands away, laying her corpse on the ground. We need to leave this country. This is going to destroy our daughter. I heard the door in the corridor click open. Thinking quickly, I grabbed the bedsheet and covered her body.

"Papá, what's going on?"

Shit. I quickly rose to my feet, trying to block my 12-year-old daughter's view. 

"Nothing, niñita (little girl), go back to bed," I order her, however, she catches a glimpse of the ground and begins taking steps into the bedroom. 

"Is that Mamá?" I can see the color draining from her face as she realizes what is happening. 

"I will not tell you again. Go back to bed, Sierra!" 

"No! I can see the blood! Who did this!?" She stood her ground, her hands balling into fists, as she confidently yelled back at me, tears streaming down her face.

This was the first time I saw something different in her. Rage. Anger. Fury. Now, this is interesting. I could use this to my advantage. If she knew who killed her mother, and given the right tools, she might do the work for me. 

"Niñita, I will tell you everything. But we need to leave the country tonight." I say to her, grabbing a suitcase. 

"I don't care where we go. I want to know who did this." Her voice began to break and the tears continued falling down her cheeks. 

"I am going to gather up some things from my study. Do not touch anything, Sierra." 

"Papá?" She called out to me, stopping me at the entrance to the bedroom. I turned to her indicating for her to continue.

"What about Raf? What if he-"

"Forget about Raf, Sierra. He betrayed this family and left. He left you! Why do you still care for him? That boy is no longer a part of this family."

With that, I  leave her standing over her mother's body, staring at the pool of blood as it starts seeping through the sheets.