70|wake up

God, I love this season.

----------

After we cleaned up Scott's blood - which was disgusting, by the way - we had went to our last classes. As soon as school finished, Stiles and I went to his car.

Today Stiles was going to the cemetery with his father to visit his mother's grave. I offered to come with him, but he declined. This was something he and his dad liked to do alone each week.

There was already a car in the driveway, so Stiles drifted towards the nature strip outside of my house and put the Jeep into park. We sat in silence for a moment before I looked over to him. "I wish you had told me how bad it was."

He bit his lip a bit, before nodding, "I know. I just. . . I thought it would go away, you know?"

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you? I can sit in the car while you and your dad go in."

He shook his head, "I'll be fine. I'll call you later?"

"Yeah, of course."
Giving him a quick kiss, I grabbed my bag and climbed out of the Jeep. I waved good bye as he drove away, watching until the powder blue car was out of sight.

I thought to myself as I walked to the door about everything that had been happening. This wasn't even like the past years where we were up against someone or something, yet everything still seemed bad.

Opening the door, I walked in and headed into the kitchen after sitting my keys on the front table. "Hey, Char, home already?"

When she didn't answer, I walked through to the living room in search of her. I found her sitting on the couch with a disappointed look on her face.

I was going to ask what was wrong, but one glimpse around the room and I already knew. Sitting across from Charlotte was our father, all suited up and clean shaven. He must have just come from work.
"I swear, every time my life starts to suck, you show up."

"Riley, how good to see you." I couldn't tell whether he was being sarcastic or sincere. "I had hoped you would have called me."

"I've been busy," I muttered. Taking a step back, I leaned against the door frame. "Char, what is he doing here?"

She went to answer, but he beat her to it. "I'm here, because I believe that you should come and live with me and Josie."

Pushing off of the wall, I laughed as I shook my head, "There is no way I'm moving in with you and Josceline. You really think that I want to live with you and the woman you cheated on my mother with? That's not happening."

My father ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "Look at where you're living now. Your sister does not have the resources to care for you. And then she's off chasing her little stories and leaving you here alone. You could get hurt and she wouldn't even be here to help."

He had no idea what I had been through and survived, to be honest, a couple weeks alone was the least of my issues. It wasn't like I could tell either of them that, though.

"I have been here for her whenever she needs me, which is more than I can say for you," Charlotte spat, finally finding her voice. "And I'm going to keep looking after her."

My father stood up before straightening his jacket and rebuttoning it, "We'll see."

Stepping away from the door, I went and stood right in front of him. I began to feel my powers threatening to boil over, but kept my calm. I couldn't lose control like I had with Peter.
"Why are you doing this?"

"Because, I'm your father, and I'm doing what is best for you."

"If you wanted to do what was best for me , you never would have cheated on my mum. I'm not going to live with you, it's not happening," I claimed, standing my ground.