Chapter 1 - Gaining Entry

7 Years Later

Sierra's POV

I walked into the club, an hour before opening, to get ready for my shift. I chucked my stuff into a locker, taking only my phone and car keys with me. I've been working here for almost 3 months now. It was one of De Luca's clubs, and I needed a way of getting closer to the family. This one was run by his daughter, who is my age. Sweet girl, we have had some fun moments and I have enjoyed her friendship. Pity that she has a murderer for a father. 

I haven't met anyone else from the family in these three months. I told Papá that this would take some time. I am not the same, over-enthusiastic girl from 7 years ago. I am more calculated, more precise and calmer in my takedowns. I was going to do this right, and I was going to do it right the first time. I will kill Dominic De Luca and he will pay for murdering my mother. 

I went behind the bar, preparing the countertop for opening. The glasses needed to be well within reach, the ice bucket filled, lemon slices cut, and the alcohol needed to be checked for stock purposes. This place gets extremely busy, especially on a Friday night. As I went about it, I noticed Elena gait into the club. She was on the phone and gesturing with her hands, indicating it was a frustrating phone call. 

Elena is Dominic's daughter, the younger child out of the 2. From what Elena has told me, her brother runs the other 2 clubs and a bar which he started up himself. She, of course, forgot to mention the part where he is next in line to be the Don of the Mafia. I have done my research on this family. 

Dominic De Luca, 56 years of age and current Don for the past 38 years. Aria De Luca, 55 years of age and the Don's wife. She is a qualified surgeon who works in a clinic for abused women and children.  Niccolo De Luca, their firstborn. He is 26 years of age, currently being prepared to take over when his father steps down or passes, whichever comes first. Well, sorry to disappoint you Niccolo but that time will be coming sooner rather than later. Finally, Elena De Luca; their second child, 24 years of age and running this current club, The Pheonix.

Elena made her way over, sitting at one of the stools in front of the bar. Our eyes met and she rolled them, clearly at something being said by the person on the other line. 

"Yes, daddy, I will find someone to look after the dogs and train them. For goodness sake, you're not giving Nico this kind of grief about his dog." 

Look after the dogs and train them... Huh, would you look at that? Fate clearly is on my side, giving me a point of entry I will thoroughly enjoy.  

"Yes, yes, I know. You want to meet them blah, blah, blah. I will sort it out." 

I started drying the glasses with a dishcloth, all the while still listening to the conversation. 

"Seriously, Papà? Could you stop with that, please? I am here working, not fucking around with men. Contrary to popular belief, I like my men in one piece. That is not probable when hidden from you or Nico. Should there ever be a man, you will meet him. Okay, this conversation is over. I love you, bye." 

With that, she clicked the end of the phone call, not allowing her father to say anything further. She dropped her head against the counter, linking her fingers over it. 

"Rough day?" I said, casually, to her. 

"You have no idea. My father is driving me nuts. If it's not about the dogs, it's about me dating. Ugh." She mumbled into the counter, before sitting upright again. 

I poured 2 shots of vodka, sliding one in front of her. 

"Ah, you know me so well, you heaven-sent beauty." She exclaimed before picking up the shot glass.