Chapter forty-five: Love hurts

Charles POV

I was staring at the TV screen watching the Rugby match. On the opposite cough was Vincent holding a beer in his hand.

"So how are things between you and Sandie?" He suddenly asked bringing me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked, "Oh," I said suddenly realizing what he had just asked.

"We on a break," I answered. "But I don't think we ever getting back together," I say.

"Why not, you two were good together. What went wrong?" He asked taking a sip of his beer.

"It wasn't fair to her, I'm still in love with Elizabeth. It wasn't fair that I continued to be with her even though I knew I couldn't love her as she deserved."

"She must have been devastated."

"No, she understood when I told her. Besides, we both agreed. We had nothing in common. We both realized that we wanted different things and different goals."

He chunked.

"What?" I asked.

"You have goals?" He said sarcastically.

I shook my head at him ignoring his question.

My attention was diverted else by the loud knock on the door. It was one of those knocks that demanded your attention or forced a child into hiding.

I walked to the door annoyed.

As I opened the door, I saw a very derived looking Nickolas running his hands through his hair. He was pacing up and down the doorway.

As soon as he noticed my presence he pushed his way past me entering the house, without saying as much as a "Hi," or "Morning", not even the sarcastic ones he usually says.

I followed as we walked into the living room. He sat on the couch then clenched onto his hair.

Vincent and I looked at him eyebrow raised.

"What are you..." Before I could finish I was interrupted.

"Elizabeth is missing." he suddenly spoke.

"What?" I said.

"She left around four p.m. yesterday. She was going to her grandmother's house. I've tried calling her but she's not answering, her grandmother said she never arrived."

"Are you sure she is simply didn't run away again?" Vince suggested.

"No one asked for your opinion," Nick said his voice sounded like he was about to have a break down any moment.

As idiotic Vince sounded I admit he might have a point, however, I had this feeling in my gut that I couldn't shake. Something was wrong. Suddenly the thought of Erik holding Elizabeth captivated appeared in my mind.

"I'm sure you'll find her," I said.

________

By 18:00 everyone was pacing up and down in my living room. They all seemed to think that I had a clue as to where Elizabeth was.

We had contacted police stations as well as some of her friends but no one seemed to know where she was.

Mom was sitting on the couch while Dad and Michael tried to calm her down. We didn't need her blood pressure going any higher. Although I still quite don't understand why this was affecting her this much or why she was attached to her, two weeks ago mom didn't care whether Elizabeth was breathing or not.