Fall

Happy Monday!  Wishing you all a lovely start to the week.

Enjoy!

❉      ❉      ❉

A massive smile stretched across her face as she hurried down the brick pathway.

Halloween was a week away and the campus was covered in decorations for the holiday.

Pumpkins lined the pathways, skeletons dressed in costumes sat on benches and hung from poles.

Sponsored scarecrows from every school club stood along the large field at the center of the university, like a cheerful army.

Enid loved holidays and all the festivities that came along with them.

Passing a scarecrow dressed scantily in lacy undergarments, she couldn't stop the blush that rose to her cheeks.

Her mind flashed back to the night she had spent with Theodore earlier in the week.

The way she had slept better in his arms than she ever had in her entire life.

She had woken to an empty bed the next morning, the sound of the shower from the bathroom calming her nerves as she sat up.

Retrieving her pajamas, she had slipped back across the landing to her own room.

When he came down to breakfast that morning, he hadn't mentioned the night before.

He had simply sent her a grin and pressed his foot against her own under the table.

Now, it was already Thursday.

The week had flown between working on a new cello piece with Alexander and studying for the history test she had taken this morning.

They had spent much of her cello lesson this morning discussing the first time Alexander had ever picked up a violin.

The pair often found themselves distracted during that period, chatting and sneaking kisses.

Hence why they often had to play catch-up after school at the estate.

Hopping over a puddle, she neared the coffee shop.

The smell of cinnamon wafted through the air toward her and she opened the door with excitement.

After ordering a warm drink, she headed to the booth in the back corner where Emilia was sitting.

Secluded and cozy, it was perfect for when their giggles sometimes got out of hand.

It had become their unofficial official spot.

Enid peeled off her coat as she slid into the booth, grinning at her friend's excited greeting.

"I am so excited to finally see what is on this thing! It's been taunting me all week. Open me, Emilia. C'mon. Imagine what I might hold." Emilia said in a fake, deep voice as she held up the flash drive.

Giggling at her antics, Enid pulled out her laptop and set it on the table so they could both see the screen.

She angled it so that the screen was hidden from the other patrons of the café.

Emilia pulled out headphones and handed one to her before she plugged in the flash drive.

"Well, let's end your nosy suffering, then." Enid teased as she clicked on the file labeled "ΚΣ".

She rubbed at her chest as the screen went dark, nerves suddenly scratching at her ribs.

The footage began with a shot of an ornamental rug, boyish laughter assaulting her ears as the camera shakily rose to show a room of what looked like about twenty boys.