Chapter 28

Peter

I sit at the kitchen island eating some cereal watching YouTube videos on my phone. Mostly conspiracy theories about a Spiderman and about of other stuff from on of my favorite YouTubers. I have been up for a while and I don't really know what to do because everyone else is surprising asleep. I finish the video I'm watching and check the time before popping my headphones back in and walking to my room.

I sigh when I reach my closet and search through the clothes that Dad and Pops had bought me when I moved in which feels like forever ago.

I end up deciding to wear what I usually would wear to school because I don't really want the whole world to know that I'm the Avengers kid.
I slip into a pair of jeans and search through my closet for a shirt I would normally wear but settle for a normal black tee shirt making a mental note that I'll have to ask someone to take me out shopping later for new shirts.

I grab a jacket from out of my closet which is actually kind of my style and walk back out to the living room but it's still early and no one is up yet.

I would normally just sit down and watch another movie but honestly I don't feel like sitting around again so I decide to go walk around for a little bit. Maybe I could even go visit some of the kids from the orphanage, after all when I lived there I know I was up pretty early along with some of the other kids.

I put my jacket on and stuff my new suit into my backpack before taking the elevator down to the main floor. I call Happy and ask him if he can drop me off at my orphanage. He agrees reluctantly and drives me, I ask him to drop me at the edge of Queens so I can just swing the rest of the way because being in the car is boring.

He parks and I hop out before looking around. Soon he drives away and I wave. It's actually a peaceful sight to see. Looking around the streets of Queens while they glow with the warm orange yellow light from the street lights above.

I wonder down the streets and look through the shop windows looking for nothing specific at all. I make my way through the city until I reach the orphanage and I knock on the big wooden door.

Already, the place looks way better then it did when I lived there. For one thing, the yard is actually decent looking counting the fact that we were in pretty much the middle of the city.

I turn back to the door and see a kid maybe two or three years younger then me staring up at me with confused eyes.

"Uhm, hi?" The girl says and I try to think back to see if I somehow managed to forget the girls face but frown when I can't remember the sound of her voice or her in general.

"Hey, I'm Peter. Are you new here?" I ask and she nods her head slightly. "Well it's nice to meet you. Can you do me a favor and get one of the kids from upstairs?"

She nods again and let's me into the building before rushing up the stairs. The minute I step in my jaw drops because the place looks amazing honestly. Everything had been repainted or replaced and made up to date. It was great and everything that these kids deserved.

"Peter?" I hear a different girls voice say from the top of the staircase and I look up to her as she flies down the stairs into my arms. "We missed you so much!" Sam smiles practically crying.

"Hey, alls good. I'm fine, your obviously doing great." I motion to the building and she smiles.

"Yeah it is amazing. Mrs Chrissy is great." She smiles and looks up to me. "Mrs Chrissy is the new owner of this place." She explains and I nod.

"I'm so glad you guys are liking it." I smile back at her and she nods before leading me into what used to be the worn and torn, moldy livingroom. It was now decked out in new furniture, board games and books. It was kinda messy but it made since because there was dozens of kids living in the house.

I hang out with Sam and the other girl, and I learned that her name was Liv. We play some video games and then I help them with their homework. Soon though, seven rolls around and I knew I should go and try to meet up with Ned. I wave to the kids and promise I'll vist again before making my way to where Ned and I used to meet up before we would walk to school.

It is chilly outside but it isn't too cold so I stuff my hands into my pockets. I am fine waiting outside for Ned but after a few minutes I decide to try and call him. It rings once before he picks up.

"Hey Peter, what's up?" Ned asks and I smile.

"Nothing really, I'm just going back to school today and I'm waiting to walk with you." I explain trying to sound relaxed even though Im really excited to see my best friend after what seems like years.

"Your coming back to school?" He asks and it sounds like he is in disbelief.

"Yep."

"Today?" He asks and sounds even more excited.

"Yeah, I'm outside the coffee shop waiting for you." I laugh and he gasps dramatically.

"And you didnt tell me?" He laughs and I grin. "Y'know what, I forgive you for not telling me. I'm on my way. You have to tell me everything!" He adds before hanging up on me. I stand around for maybe ten more minutes before I see Ned rushing down the street towards me.

"Hey man." I laugh and he pulls me into a hug.

"Dude, I missed you." He laughs and we do our handshake before starting to walk back up the street where Midtown High is only a couple blocks away from the orphanage and coffee shop. It's better then sitting in the car with Happy for 40 minutes, plus more if you count morning traffic. Maybe I'll just start swinging down here.

"Same. It's been absolutely crazy lately." I agree and he gives me a look basically asking me to tell him more. "So I moved in with, y'know, them, and it's been amazing dude."

"Like on the scale of like one to one hundred, how amazing?" He asks clearly amazed that I'm living with and part of the Avengers family.

"One hundred, duh." We cross the busy street and a couple Taxi drivers wave at us and honk their horns. I missed Queens. "Anyways how's it been?"

"Good, boring. Oh and I should warn you-" Ned starts but is cut off.

"Hey Penis Parker. Welcome back!" A familiar voice calls over and is echoed by laughter from that direction. My face turns bright red and I refuse to look back at Flash and I make me and Ned go inside away from the group of laughing teens.

"Sorry, I should have told you. Flash and his gang have been talking about you more then usual and stuff ever since you uh, disappered." He sighs and I nod slightly.

"Let me grab my stuff for class and then we can head to homeroom." I try to sound positive and he smiles kindly at me before going to get his stuff from his locker.