Fire

Hazel's POV

I hum softly, moving around the counter as quietly as I can. It is early and I don't want to wake up Axel or his dad, "Hazel?" A groggy voice asks.

I turn my head, smiling when I see its Axel's dad. "Good morning. Did I wake you?" I ask, turning back to my baking.

"Are you supposed to be up there?" He asks me, ignoring my question. He comes over and pats my head fondly. I smile and nod, laying my head in his hand as he lets me.

"I have to finish baking for the party and I want together some type of sign or something to advertise so I can get more business," I explain and he hums.

He watches me bake for a moment, not saying anything else. "Is everything alright? Do you want me to start on breakfast? I was thinking about making some scones? Do you think that sounds good?" I ask him.

"No, you're busy with your baking for the party. I didn't want to talk to you about the other day though..." he says.

I pause, still stirring the ingredients together. "I didn't mean to sound entitled," I explain softly.

"I know. I'm sorry I snapped at you. You were being perfectly alright. I know you're not a selfish girl, you just want to help out around here as best you can," he says and I nod. "...I um... that was just a sensitive subject between me and Kara. I guess it's still a sensitive subject for different reasons now than it was then," he says and I nod, sitting quietly and listening to him.

He lets out a loud sigh, looking around the room, anywhere but at me. "I took out the frustration that I hold against myself for not listening to get and letting her work like she wanted to and that was wrong of me. I hope you can forgive me," He says.

I sigh, giving him a sympathetic smile. I open my arms and he reaches over and picks me up. "You didn't mean to be mean. Of course I forgive you," I say, laying my head on his shoulder. He smiles and I feel him brushing flower and stuff off of me.

"Jeez Hazel, you make such a mess sometimes," he grumbles softly. I giggle, knowing he is only playing. "Axel isn't going to let you wear his clothes if you keep getting flower all over them," he scolds lightly.

I blush just thinking about that. I don't think Axel will actually make me go around naked though. He's much more protective now that I'm his sub.

"What's your name?" I ask Axel's dad, realizing that I have never asked. It's been months of living together, but I still don't know his name.

He chuckles at my question. "Wouldn't you like to know," he tease me, shifting me in his arms. "It's Lukas," He says.

(I said this book would have all new characters unrelated from my other series. Spoiler alert ^ I lied :) )

I smile thoughtfully, his name suits him. "I like your name," I say.

He chuckles, "I like yours too," he says. He starts to walk away from the counter and I look up at him in confusion.

"Wait! I'm not done," I protest.

He chuckles again. "It will save in the fridge. Axel probably wants you back in bed with him," he says and I huff, knowing he's right.

Master is still sleeping when we come in. The door creaks loudly and it causes Master to stir. He groans and groggily sits up.

Lucas sets me down on Masters lap and I'm immediately wrapped up in his arms. His warmth engulfs me in seconds and he lays back down, tucking me half between his body and the mattress.

He grumbles incoherently, he grasps onto me tightly, not willing to let me go. He snuggles his face into me before he pulls back and sneezes.

I giggle quietly as he curse and wipes the light dusk of flower from him. He sneezes again before grumbling some more and flopping back down on top of me.