Chapter 6: Rito Village

'Where am I going to sleep?' Y/N asked curiously. She had been avoiding the question in case he felt awkward about it, but she needed to know.

'Well it would be more convenient if you slept in my house, but since we've only just met, I assumed you wouldn't be comfortable with that, so I allocated a Rito-down bed in our inn.' He explained as the two went up flights of stairs.

'You're such a gentleman, I appreciate it,' she smiled back at him, making him blush.

'Makes a change from being called an arrogant feather head,'

'Well you ARE an arrogant feather head.' She giggled.

'Hey!' He frowned back at her.

'But you're also a gentleman,' she winked.

His expression softened, as did his voice. 'Now that's better.'

'By the way, what's a Rito-down bed?'

'It's a fluffy bed made from the softest Rito feathers. Most Hylians who stay at the Rito in always say how it's the best bed they've ever slept in. However, it IS four times the price.'

'That's sure a lot of money. Thank you, Revali.'

'I assumed that a normal bed just wouldn't be fit for a princess.'

'I'd be fine with that too, but you've gone above and beyond.'

~~~~

When they entered the inn, a white Rito with purple eyes greeted them. 'Good evening!'

'This is the innkeeper Chima. And Chima, this is Princess Y/N from Zeranda. She'll be staying here for a few weeks,'

'Yeah, I wondered why you paid like two weeks in advance for a Rito-down bed! That's a lot of money, Revali!' Chima laughed.

'Well, it's been a long journey. I'm off to the flight range to do some late night training. I'll be around in the morning to pick you up. Goodnight Y/N.' Revali bowed his head slightly.

'Goodnight Revali. And thanks,'

'The amount of times you've thanked me now, you're starting to sound like a broken record,' he rolled his eyes jokingly.

After Revali left, Chima turned her attention to Y/N.

'I've never seen this side to him before. He's usually cocky and arrogant.' She commented.

Y/N nodded. 'He was like that when I first met him, but as soon as I left to come here he seemed to change. I don't know what's going on.'

'I never thought he'd spend THAT amount of money on a girl. You're lucky... in a way.'

'Why? Do you like him?' Y/N teased.

Chima raised her purple eyebrows. 'No! Nothing like that! Why? Do you?'

'I don't know...' Y/N rubbed her eyes.

'You look so tired. Let me prepare your Rito-down bed.'

'Thank you Chima.'

~~~~~~

The next morning, Revali arrived surprisingly early to pick up Y/N. So early that she was still sleeping at the time. Chima was reluctant to let Revali disturb her, but he insisted that they had urgent business to attend to.

'Get up, lazy!' He joked, as he shook her gently. She still didn't stir. Chima watched in suspense as he tried everything he could to wake the sleeping girl, but to no avail. Suddenly, her eyes cast to a bucket of water close to the door. Revali's eyes followed hers, and he soon smirked, having came up with an idea.