New Life - Take 3

Skye's POV

I was on my way to "Nights" to see if I could get my old job back, when I passed by another club that had a huge line. I looked it over and shivered as a weird tingling sensation passed over one of my scars. I ignored it but turned my feet towards the club. The bright neon sign outside it said "Lux".

I sighed as I glanced at the line. I didn't have time to waste standing outside when I didn't need to be, so I snuck around back and made my way into the club without anyone noticing.

My ears were immediately bombarded with the sound of loud heavy club music and I grimaced as I pushed my way through the packed crowd and towards the bar.

As packed as the place was though, I had to admit that I liked it more than "Nights". As I approached the bar, the loud music suddenly turned off and the sound of a piano filled the room. I smiled at this as I glanced over to see a piano being played in the middle of the room. I did a double take as I suddenly caught a glimpse of the man sitting at the piano. Even from this distance, I could tell that he was incredibly handsome.

I scratched one of my scars as I quickly turned back around and faced the girl behind the bar. She was a gorgeous dark skinned beauty that screamed danger. I kind of liked that. I wish I was able to give off a similar vibe. It would make my life so much easier.

"What can I get you?" She asked.

"I'll take a cranberry vodka and a job" I said with a smile and a wink. Hoping that my nervousness wasn't showing through my bravado.

She laughed loudly as she went to go make my drink.

"You got any experience?" she asked as she slid me my drink.

"I worked at the club "Nights" for about six months as their bartender," I said with a shrug.

She opened her mouth to ask me another question, but before she could get a word out, there was a tug on my arm.

"Hey there, sexy, whatdya say I buy you a drink and we take the party back to my place afterwards?" I scrunched up my nose at the guy before me.

"Thanks, but no thanks, I've already got a drink," I said raising my glass and turning back around to face the bar. The drunk idiot would not take no for an answer and here I was trying to give a good impression. I turned around incredibly frustrated and punched the guy under the jaw, knocking him backwards. I held off at the last minute, forcing myself to not use so much force that he was left unconscious but only dazed, and he stumbled backwards into the crowd and disappeared.

"I'm so sorry about that! I hope the owner doesn't get upset about that," I exclaimed as I turned around to face the bartender again.

"Don't worry, he's not," said a man's voice from behind me. I spun around and collided with a hard chest.

"Woah, there sweetheart," a deep voice whispered huskily as I was caught and steadied on my feet.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I glanced down at my feet, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"No worries, have we met before? You seem familiar, but I definitely would remember having slept with someone as beautiful as you," the voice said.

I blushed a brilliant shade of red as my eyes darted up and my head shook frantically.

"No, no, definitely not!" I declared. "This is my first time here," I added.

"Well, I hope that drunkard didn't spoil your impression of my place," the man said, raising his arms and spinning around.

"Wait, this is your place? You're the owner?" I asked in surprise.

"Yup!"

"Well even better! I, um; was asking your bartender but I guess I can ask you as well. I just arrived in town and was looking for a job," I said, trying to keep my eyes from wandering too much as I stared at the incredibly handsome man before me.