Hello, Goodbye

Skye's POV

I sighed as I finished the song. The last notes reverberated around the room as I lifted my hands off of the keys.

I spun around in my seat as the sound of clapping brought me back to reality.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I hope it's okay that I was playing? Just always wanted to try it at least once," I said nervously fiddling with my hands. I'd never let anyone hear me sing before; in fact, I couldn't remember ever having sung out loud let alone played the piano! Definitely not something that had been a possibility growing up under Hydra's control. I can't imagine I sounded anywhere near decent...

"No need to apologize, sweetheart. You have a beautiful voice!"

"Oh, please. No need to lie!" I said with a nervous chuckle.

"The devil doesn't lie, gorgeous," he replied with a wink as he went to join me on the piano bench.

"Ok, let's say I believe this whole, "you're the devil" thing; which I guess would not be the strangest thing I've found out was real, but isn't that what the Devil is all about? Lies and deception or whatever? I don't mean to sound inconsiderate and uninformed or anything but I only know what I've read up on recently..." I trailed off, biting my lip as I realized I was starting to ramble big time.

"No harm done, sweetness. It's a common misconception. I just bring out people's deepest desires - I have nothing to do with whether or not they decide to act on them," he told me, leaning in to tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear. As he did so, I felt another spark of electricity flare throughout my body and tried to hold back a shiver as I bit my lip again.

"But speaking of desires, what do you desire more than anything else?" he repeated.

"Not this again, I told you, I don't know!" I said, shaking my head. I decided to change the subject.

"I thought you were going to change?" I said as I looked him over. It looked like he had, but not into anything comfortable, just another suit.

"I did! Do you not like it?" The last part he said with a hint of hesitancy and I suddenly felt bad.

"No, no! It's a very nice suit! I just don't see why you changed out of your suit only to put on another one?" I said tilting my head to look at him.

He opened his mouth to respond, but before he got the chance, we heard the chiming sound of the elevator.

"Are you expecting someone?" I asked fearfully as I remembered the Hydra guard I had spotted downstairs.

"No," he answered standing up and walking over towards the elevator.

As soon as his back was turned, I dove behind the couch. I mentally scolded myself for acting cowardly, but was overpowered by my determination not to be recaptured.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" I heard Lucifer demand to know.

"That's not important. Where is Skye?"

"No idea who you are talking about, now please leave before I have you escorted out," Lucifer said calmly. I paused as I recognized the voice.

"Phil?" I asked as I stood up and faced the elevator in surprise. "What are you doing here?!" Better yet, how did he find me?

"Skye! Are you okay?" Coulson asked worriedly.

"Yeah, why?" I answered, confused.

Coulson strode right past a bewildered looking Lucifer to join me by the couch.

"Thank god you're safe!" He said in relief.

"No need to bring my father into this," Lucifer commented snippily. Coulson raised a brow at this but I shook my head and mouthed "later" to him.