Chapter 29

At lunch I get a call from Dad while I am waiting for Ned to hurry up and get his lunch. I stare at it, I want to answer it but at the same time I don't want to in front of everyone. I sit down at our table and put the phone to my ear.

"Hey, I saw that you left early this morning. Everything good?" He asks and I move the food around on my plate with my fork. School food sucks. I should have grabbed some of Pops food.

"Oh yeah, I left early and went to see the orphanage. Sorry I should've called or texted earlier."

"No, it's fine." he pauses. "Well, Steve might have liked to know because we was a little worried when we couldn't find you this morning but Friday told us you left early." He chuckles and it makes me smile for a second.

"Ok cool." I respond watching Flash meet my eyes and then say something to his friends before they all laugh. "Well Im eating lunch with Ned. I'll be home after school." I explain quickly as Ned walks over with tacos in his hands from the school lunch counter.

"Oh yeah," Dad says as if he just remembered something. "Happy is going to pick you up and bring you home if that okay with you?" Dad asks.

"Yeah, I'm good with that. Love you, bye." I hang up on the phone and glance back over to Flash who is still making his friends laugh. I eat lunch with Ned and MJ, who decides to join us about half way through lunch, and she puts her input in on our conversations every so often.

It was okay to be back in school. No one says  anything about me going missing and people tell me 'welcome back' and 'it's good to see you again'. I talk to people who I consider my friends and everything. Everyone seems happy to see me.

Well, other then Flash and his gang of friends. They of course call after me in the halls and it is no help that I have most of my classes with one or more of them.

"Mr Parker." I stare down at the desk not paying attention to the class going on around me. "Mr Parker, please pay attention." The teacher calls again and I look up.

"Sorry." I mumble and he goes back to teaching the class. I look over at Ned and he shrugs before writing down what the teacher was writing on the board in his notebook. I follow his lead, even though I already know this stuff, and write it down in the notebook so it looks like I'm paying attention.

Soon the bell rings, signaling the end of class and the day so everyone starts to get up and gather their supplies. As everyone is about to leave, the teacher informs us about our homework for tonight.

"And Peter," He looks over at me as I finish gathering my stuff. "Please stay after for one minute."

"Good luck, I'll be out in the hall if you need me." Ned smiles before walking out of the class. I watch as Flash and one of his friends, I think his name is Nate, laugh before also leaving the class room.

"So Peter," He starts and hands me a red folder of his desk. "You were absent for quite a long time." He simply says and I know the best route is to probably just apologize.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that."

"It's fine, just know that you are responsiable for your grades. You have been a good student in the past but now your going to have to make up a lot of work." He explains and I open the folder. It's pratically full of papers that I missed and notes I need to write down so I completely understand what is going on in this class. Even though I do know this stuff already, the teacher doesn't know it so it's better just to do it again.

"Okay, yeah. I'll get these done."

"Good, also you have a few tests and quizes you need to make up after school whenever you get the chance." He adds and I nod. I should have known I was going to make up a lot of work when I came back to school, just not this much from one class. Just think about all of the rest of the folders teachers are keeping hold of until they the weekend when they'll give me so much work I'll drown in it.

"Yeah, can I do them when I finish these?" I ask holding up the folder and he seems to be thinking about it. Weighing if I'm being honest or am just trying to get away from it. "I'll finish them by next Monday." I add and he nods.

"I guess that will work. Thanks for being responsible Peter, have a good night." He smiles before going back to sit behind his desk and I rush out of the room with the folder and my books in my hands.

"How did it go? What happened?" Ned asks and I hold up the folder.

"I got a lot of homework to do tonight." I sigh and he frowns.

"Oh, that sucks man."

"Yeah, it's whatever though. I'll just get it done tonight. My locker when your done?" I ask and he nods. I stuff the folder into my backpack before we both go our separate ways. We would usually meet up to walk home together but since I live with the Avengers, we won't be doing that today. I make my way to my locker to drop off the last of my books.

"Hey penis Parker." I hear Flash from behind me and I groan internally.

"What do you want Flash?" I turn around to face him and see he has three of his friends behind him. All three of them are taller and heavier then me and as the hallway empties out I start to feel more and more uneasy about it just being us five.

"Woah, Parker's got an attitude now." One of his friends laughs and shoves another one forwards. "What you gonna do about that Flash?"

"Nothing, cause he'll just run back to his parents or who was it again? His aunt?" I feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes not becuase I'm not upset, but because I'm angry. He looks back at his friends who all had the same ugly amused looks on their faces. "Oh... wait. They all left you didn't they." Flash laughs and walks away with his friends by his sides.

I turn back to my locker and rub my eyes trying to make it look like I'm okay before Ned comes rushing up to me.

"Hey, dude. Are you okay?" He asks, clearly not hearing what Flash had said to me.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. What's up?" I ask and Ned gives me a little look before shrugging it off.

"Nothing. I'm just ready to go. You getting picked up or what?" He asks as we start walking down the hall and I remeber that Dad had said that Happy is picking me up today.

"Yeah, I'm getting picked up." I nod and check my phone for any new notifications.

"Hey, did you hear?"

"Hear what?"

"Some people think Spiderman died or something crazy like that. Like thats really upsetting." Ned frowns before showing me the article on his phone.

"Im sure he's not dead. Maybe he's just doing something," I shrug and Ned looks at me confusedly. "Never mind, I don't know, your the nerd on this." I laugh.

"Yes I am. Also what does Happy's car look like?" I look around us now that we are outside and see the car that Happy usually drives and point to it.

"Thats it right there." I fist bump Ned and wave to him before walking to the car.

"See ya Peter."

"See ya."