Chapter 8: Breaking Down Walls

The next morning, Y/N awoke to the peaceful sound of birds chirping outside. It made a pleasant change from the previous morning, when she was awoken by cold water being poured over her head. However, as she looked around, Revali was nowhere in sight.

'Good morning Chima,' she called as she stretched her arms and legs.

'Good morning Y/N. How did you sleep?'

'Hmm... alright I guess. It took me a while to actually go to sleep though.'

'You were thinking about him, weren't you?' The Rito woman nodded in understanding.

'How did you know?'

'You were very restless last night.' Chima explained.

As if on cue, the door opened, revealing a blue bird carrying a hot steaming plate of food.

'Hey, Revali.' Y/N greeted him with a smile. He smiled back before walking over to her.

'Here, I made you breakfast. I figured you'd want to get off to a more positive start today.' He gently placed the plate down on her lap, which was still underneath a blanket.

'You didn't have to do this,' she said, before taking a mouthful of the delicious food. 'Mmmm... this is amazing.'

'So my cooking skills are just as good as my archery skills?' Revali asked smugly.

'I don't want to inflate your ego or anything, but yeah,' Y/N admitted. She couldn't hold back a smile at this point.

'I expected nothing less. Anyway, I have a suggestion for today's training plan.'

'Oh? Do tell.'

'I am taking you to my flight range.' He announced, emphasising the word 'my'.

'What are we going to do there?'

'You'll find out once you've finished your breakfast. Now eat up, you'll need the energy today.'

~~~~

After Y/N had finished her top class breakfast, Revali took her to his landing.

'You've got a landing named after you too?'

'Yep.' He said proudly. 'I'm surprised the entire village isn't named after me at this point. Maybe I should make that my next request.'

'Here we go again. You never change, do you?' She rolled her eyes at him.

'Certainly not, my dear. But you wouldn't want me to, would you?' The last part of the sentence was quieter.

'Well I guess you'd be boring if you were like Link,'

This caused him to burst out laughing. 'But of course! That little knight has no charisma whatsoever!'

'Well he's a good fighter, you've got to admit.'

Revali's expression suddenly turned to a scowl as he leaned in close to her ear. 'Don't push it, little bird.'

'What did you say?'

'Nevermind. Now once again you have the pleasure of riding on my back. So quit gawking over me and get on.' He winked once again.

~~~~

The two spent most of the day at the flight range. Revali figured that good archery skills were essential if Y/N was to go up against monsters. She wasn't too bad to begin with; she had received top class training from her father in her younger years, however, the way Revali taught her provided a different spin on it altogether. In fact, just being with Revali enabled Y/N to see everything with a different perspective, including herself.