c h a p t e r • 1

Liliana

By the time I was back at my apartment, it was already 8pm.

I had gotten a haircut down to my waist and a bunch of new clothes.

Mom and dad would occasionally send me some money every month and sometimes they send too much.

I usually donate the money I earn to the less fortunate at the shelter.

I took a short shower before heading to bed, skipping dinner.

-•-
Ootd:

I paced back and forth in front of my door deciding to leave or not while nibbling on a sandwich

After about 10 minutes, I finally opened the door and locked my apartment.

I breathe in and out slowly and nodding to myself.

You can do this.

I slowly walked to the elevator and to the parking lot to procrastinate as much as I can.

...

I parked outside of the building in the parking lot, still too scared to leave the car.

Whatever happened to the confident Lili everyone knew.

I nodded to myself and plastered on a smile before finally leaving my car with 10 minutes before my first lecture starts.

I got a few glances and smiles thrown my way which I returned back but ignored the dirty looks.

I first went to reciptionist to get my dorm room key.

It sucks that we can't stay out of campus.

"It's not my fault you decided to forget all our luggage a thousand miles back! We were in the car for 6 hours! How did it not even cross your mind?!" An oddly familiar voice says.

"I was sleeping!" Another voice defends.

"For 6 hours?!" The familiar voice from earlier exclaims sounding like she's gonna kill someone.

I pushed through the doors and saw the people I was trying to avoid for the past 2 years of my life.

I held in a gasp but my heart was beating really fast.

"I was tired!" Landon explains, waving his hand around.

A bored looking Ryder glanced at me then glanced away before glancing back with wide eyes.