Chapter 11

POV Betty

I thought as we drove to Pop's. I was more uncomfortable with Jughead than I ever was before. At least before, I knew where we stood. Now, I don't know. I'm not sure if he's being authentic or if this another trick. Either way, I was going to keep my distance. Of course, I'm not sure how to do that now that most of his friends were dating my friends and we were going to the dance together.

We pulled up at Pops and I quickly jumped off his bike and tried to walk to the door but Jughead grabbed my hand before I could. He smirked as he slowly got off the bike and kept a hold of my hand as we walked across the parking lot. I tried to wiggle out of it but it didn't work.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to him. He pretended to look confused and stopped.

"What do you mean, baby? We're just going to Pop's to meet our friends" he rose his eyebrows.

"Why are you holding my hand?" I hissed.

He grinned, "Because I meant what I said before. I want you and I get what I want" He started walking then, gently tugging me with him.

"What about what I want?" I snarled.

"We both know that you want me too. Stop lying to yourself." He whispered as he opened the door and finally let go of me. I sighed with relief only to frown when I felt his hand on the small of my back, directing me to the booth full of our friends. They were all staring at us, some smiling, some frowning and some looking confused. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

Cheryl was sitting by the window on one side with Toni next to her and Kevin at the end. Fangs had a chair pulled up close to Kevin. V and Sweet Pea sat on the other side and I sat next to V with relief. Jughead grinned and pulled up a chair close to me a moment later. I glared at him as he rose his eyebrows at me.

"You ok?" V whispered to me as the others began talking.

"I'm annoyed. Jughead has now decided that we should be together" I whispered back and V looked at me in surprise.

"I know. I was shocked too" I nodded and she sighed.

"I wish he would go back to hating me" I added.

"I never hated you" Jug leaned over and whispered to us. We stared at him and he smirked.

"Crap" I muttered and V nodded. I was relieved that the waitress came over then to take our order.

We went around the table to order with Jughead being last. He looked at me strangely after I ordered.

"I'll have two burgers, fries, a chocolate milkshake and add an order of onion rings to her order" He said as he nodded to me. I opened my mouth to protest but he cut me off.

"Also, can we get a bag of ice? My girl here has an injury that needs it" he added and the waitress nodded and then smiled. She walked away and I turned to Jughead.

"Seriously, Jug?" I exclaimed. He smiled at me lazily.

"You know that you love the onion rings here and you need to ice that arm" he said, simply. I sighed.

"What happened to Betty's arm?" asked a clueless Kevin. Cheryl glanced at me and I nodded. She quickly told him the story.

"I didn't think that she was hurt, though" Cheryl finished, looking at me as the waitress came back with the ice. Jug took it from her and after she walked away, he reached over and took my hand. He gently pulled my sleeve up so everyone could see the mark for a moment and then gingerly put the ice on it and held it there. Everyone gasped when they saw it and I sighed.

"I don't like you Jughead but I will be forever in your debt for helping Betty out of that situation" Kevin stated. I glared.

"He didn't! I had it taken care of. Chuck was already on the ground when he came" I protested.

"Yeah and he would have gotten up and attacked you again if Jug hadn't shown up" Toni pointed out. I shook my head.

"He wouldn't have been able to catch me" I argued.

"So then he'd be looking for revenge and after you forever?" Sweet Pea snapped.

"Who's to say he isn't now?" I snarled. My friends looked worried but I noticed that all the Serpents just smirked.

"Just believe me when I say, he'll never bother you again" Sweet Pea stated, confidently. Toni and Fangs nodded and Jug just smirked. I looked at all them and grew more concerned.

"You didn't kill him, did you?" I asked, nervously. The four of them chuckled.

"Not yet but if he does anything else....I can't make any promises." Jug muttered 

"FP might make a different decision too. His word is law and he's very protective of our own, especially since you're Alice's kid." Toni added. I sighed and rubbed my face with my hand. Jug leaned over to me.

"Don't worry, baby. I'll take care of it, of you. You don't need to stress" he whispered and I shook my head.

"I don't need you to take care of me" I snapped.

"It's my job" he shrugged and I pulled my arm away. His eyes grew dark and he started to argue but our food came then. V changed the subject for my benefit and I smiled at her gratefully. I frowned at the plate of onion rings in front of me but was soon distracted by a colorful tale that Toni and Sweet Pea were telling.

The rest of the meal passed in a cloud of laughter and fun. Suddenly I looked down and realized that I had eaten the whole plate. I groaned and heard Jughead chuckle next to me. When he finished eating, he lightly placed his hand on my knee. I was so involved in the conversation that I didn't notice it until a few minutes later.

When I did finally realize what he was doing, I pushed his hand off and glared at him. He shrugged and smirked. The waitress brought our bills then. She place a ticket in front of each of us but Jughead snatched the one in front of me before I could even reach for it. I looked at him and furrowed my brow. He returned my look with a grin.

"What are you doing?" I hissed.

"Paying" he said simply as he got up and took out his wallet.

I glanced over and noticed that Sweet Pea had done the same to V. Fangs and Toni had taken C and Kevin's as well. I looked at my friends. C and Kevin looked pleased but Veronica wasn't happy. Neither was I.

I shook my head and held out my hand, "Give me the bill" I said firmly. He smiled and leaned over and kissed my cheek. I heard V and Sweet Pea having a similar argument. She was refusing to get up to let him out of the booth. Sweet Pea just shrugged and hopped over the back.

"It's cute that you think that I would let you pay." He grinned and walked to the register. The rest of his gang followed him. I looked at V and she shook her head.

"I hate this" I said to her.

"Me too" she agreed.