Brandon(8)

The more and more time I spent with Joshua the more I forgot about Nicholas until now. He's probably the reason I can't focus right now and it's driving me insane. I tried to focus on painting it always made me feel better.....but art is a reflection of self and myself is very angry so that's what all the pieces look like .

"Did you see it," a guy whispered to me.

"See what," I whispered through the grit of my teeth. Ofcourse I knew what he was talking about.

"Campbell's sex tape," he pulled out his phone showing me a video of Nick fucking some girl. Even though he wasn't mine it still hurt.

"Hot right ?" The guy watched greedily, it was hot and they both sound like they were enjoying themselves.

"Yeah..." I left the classroom. I don't know why I'm freaking out. It's not my sex tape so I shouldn't care....but I do. It was his girlfriend so why the fuck do I fucking care !!! I walk down the hall my fist clenched and that's when I saw him. I don't know what came over me but I the thing I know my fist connected with his face. He fell back from the impact and stared at me in disbelief. I stared at him hurt written all over my face.

"Brandon....B it's not my fault. Listen-"

I walked away from him...why did I just do that ? I had no right. I heard him calling after me and I hurriedly turned and corner ducking off into the boys bathroom. I heard the door open shortly behind me.

"She's mad because I told her I didn't want us to be exclusive," he looked at me , "I didn't think she'd do anything like that"

"I don't care. It's your life do what you want," I said angrily trying to leave he pushed me against the door and turning the lock.

"I want you...." he kissed me and I groaned into the kiss. Why does he have this hold on my body. I was trying to get over him. He took my face in his hand turning it to give him access to my neck as he licked and sucked on my spot.

"We both know I rather be fucking you," he whispered sending a shiver down my spine.

"S-stop it," I pushed him slumping down to the floor.

"Why are you doing this," I sighed. " you don't get to pick and choose when you enter and exit my life."

"I want to be with you B. It's just my family...." he sat next to me.

"Then why'd you have sex with her...."

To me sex was something sacred. I joke about it a lot but it's not something I would just give up to anybody. It sounds so stupid but it's just something I wanted to be romantic and special.  I wanted that with him...but clearly that ship has sailed. Maybe once me and Josh get to know eachother more we'd make it there eventually.

"Because I missed you. Your best Friend, we've been together since forever man. It hurt me to hurt you. I should've had balls to tell you how I feel . My parents wouldn't support us being together and it would just make things harder for the both of us," he avoided eye contact with me.

" I'm dating Joshua. He isn't ashamed to be seen with me. Everyone knows he's gay and he takes me on dates and stuff and holds my hand in public. He's the most popular guy here and no cares where he sticks his dick," I scooted in front of him. And he was the nicest guy in the school.

"Is he sticking his dick in you," he looked at me his eyes sad.

"I would say that's none of your business but honestly no we're taking it slow," I assured him and he chuckled.

"I always knew you were the wine and dine type," he smiled weakly,"I knew that would be what you wanted.....and I can't give that to you right now. I love my father B, it would kill him. The man already is working himself half the death between the community center and the academy he won't be able to handle this. Bad things happen to men like us in the military and he got punished for what they assumed of him." He looked at me. We sat there for a minuet. I know how much he admires his father and I would never ask him to choose me over his family.

"I understand, but I don't want to live my life in the shadows with you. We're young, I want to go out and go to dances and parties and just be myself. I can do that with josh.....I don't want to make you choose but I understand," I hugged him tightly.

"Can we still be best buds," he sniffled in the crook of my neck. Was he crying?

"Are you crying ?" I asked not wanting to break contact.

"No I ain't no bitch," he sniffles again and we laughed.

"Yes. We can. Always" I kissed his cheek.

"If that asshole hurts you....I'll kill him," he said getting up and helping me off the floor. I looked him over . Shit I didn't realize I hit him that hard . Under his eye was turning purplish.

"Damn, I didn't mean to give you a shiner," I examined his face.

"I deserved it and that's why I was crying this shit hurts man,"

We both laughed and I threw my hand around his shoulder as we exited the bathroom.

"You know that tape was hot as he'll though. You really know how to put it down Nicholas," I messed with him, "she probably wouldn't have taken it as well as I would have though," I joked and he pushed me off of him.

"You tryna find out?" He asked running after me.

"I mean if anything at-least the whole school knows you're packing," I assured him and we walked home like we used to everyday. I missed him.

"I support you though. If being with Josh is going to make you happy I say go for it. For what it's worth he's a really nice guy. He's always been supportive to the team and to everyone around him. He's been crushing on you for a minuet....silly me told him at one point you weren't interested." Nick rolls his eyes playfully.

"Cockblocking me ?"

"Yes because I was jealous duh. I didn't wanna share you. But I guess he can have a piece," he joked.

"Thank you," I smiled at him. This was my friend the one I've known for 10 years.