c h a p t e r • 3

Liliana

"I still don't know what you did to convince me to come." I muttered, curling my hair into loose wave-ish curls.

"This guy I really like asked me out and I needed to bring someone." He says.

"Why me?" I whined.

"Because! You're the only one who doesn't have an early class tomorrow." He says.

"Tomorrow is a Saturday. No one has classes tomorrow!" I say.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. It's not just you. Ryder is gonna be there, too." He says.

"How the hell did you get him to come with you?" I ask in disbelief.

"Oh, he isn't coming with us. He's probably already on his way. He has to be there early." He says.

"So, he's a stripper?" I ask, shocked.

"No. He fights there." He shrugs.

"What?!" I yelled. "First of all, what club are we going to? And since when did Ryder fight?"

"I don't think you were supposed to know the last part but we're going to a fighting club. In which there is a boxing arena and a club as well." He says.

"What are you dragging me into, James?" I sighed.

"Fun. You looked so tense since we had met you yesterday. You weren't like the Lili we knew 2 years ago." He says.

"Is that why you invited me?" I ask and he nods.

"Let loose, babygirl." He grips my shoulder. "It's not wrong."

I smiled at him and finish my hair.

Now, all I have to do is slip into my dress.

"Perfect!" James explained, clapping his hands giddily

-•-

We arrived to the fighting club or some shit and needless to say the place was really noisy and crowded of course.

"Come on! He's starting!" James says.

"Who?!" I shouted over the crowd.

"Ryder!" He says and my heart drops.

I was kinda hoping he was kidding.

His name got announced as we reached near the front but there were a few people in front of us.