Chapter 7

As Taehyung walked up the stage the grey haired boy immediately got met with bright lights shining down on him. The boy blinked a couple of times before he suddenly noticed the big crowd he was standing in front of. Hundreds of faces were staring down at him and he swallowed nervously.

Directly in front of the stage were four red chairs placed with their back towards Taehyung. Bright white letters were displaying the names of the coaches who were seated in the chairs and slowly the grey haired boy began to scan them. Jisoo, Yoongi, Jungkook and Jennie were all currently waiting for him to start singing and thus Taehyung took a deep breath before he walked towards the middle of the stage while waiting for the music to start playing.

As soon as the first sound of the song entered Taehyung's ears the boy softly closed his eyes before he began to sing as if he wasn't standing in front of a big crowd. Euphoria had always been his all time favorite song and to have the chance to actually sing it in front of the person who this song belonged to was truly a priviledge. Let's just hope Jungkook would like it.

You are the sun that rose again in my life
The return of my childhood dreams
I don't know what this feeling is
Perhaps I'm also in a dream
Dream is a blue mirage in desert
A priori from deep inside of me
I get breathtakingly euphoric
My surroundings become more and more transparent

As soon as Taehyung began singing the first verse immediately multiple loud sounds sounded through the whole room followed by loud cheering from the crowd. However Taehyung didn't notice any of it. The boy was currently completely in his own zone and continued singing like there was no tomorrow. This song personally meant a lot to the boy and he wanted to make everyone who heard the boy sing feel it.

The fact that all four coaches had immediately turned around the moment that Taehyung's beautiful deep voice had entered their ears was something the crowd hadn't missed at all. The crowd was cheering loudly for the small boy who was singing on the stage and an intrested look could be spotted on all coaches faces. This boy surely was unique, eventhough he himself failed to see that.

The whole song the whole crowd and the four coaches listened to the unknown grey haired boy on the stage while he sang as if there wasn't anyone listening. Taehyung truly had forgotten about his surroundings completely and the only thoughts that entered his mind were the lyrics of the song he was singing. Each word left his mouth automatically and before everyone knew it the student began to sing the very last line of the song he had chosen.

"Close that door now. When I'm with you I'm in utopia." Taehyung sang the last line before he took a deep breath and slowly opened his eyes again. Immediately loud cheers erupted all around the boy and his eyes widened once he noticed that all four chairs had turned for him. Jungkook, Yoongi, Jennie and Jisoo all thought he was good enough to be in their team and a look full of disbelief began to form onto Taehyung's face. Was this all real?

However much time to think wasn't given to Taehyung because even though the boy was still full of shock Yoongi had already started talking to him. "Hello! Can you please tell us your name and age?" The mint haired rapper spoke while a small smirk was visible on his face. Of course the rapper already saw all the possibilities he had if this boy chose him. The grey haired boy was the definition of one of a kind and Yoongi would love to have him in his team.

A bit shy Taehyung raised the microphone in his hands again before he answered the famous coach. "My name is Kim Taehyung and I am 25 years old." The grey haired boy spoke and immediately Yoongi nodded before the mint haired boy began to twist the pen inbetween his fingers.

"Taehyung that was incredible. Your voice is so unique and even though you look a bit shy on the stage you somehow made it work. The whole picture of you on that stage is just right." Yoongi complimented the grey haired boy before the smirk on his face began to widen. The mint haired boy had won this competition last year and he was keen on winning this year too. With Taehyung in his team he would definitely have a good shot at winning again. After all the boy's voice was very unique.

A bright smile became visible on Jennie's face as well and she looked at Taehyung as if he was the best thing she had ever seen. "Taehyung you are born for this. Your whole aura and voice just scream superstar to me. If you'd choose to be in my team we'd work a bit on your stage presence but other than that you are complete." The black haired girl spoke with a big smile on her face. Jennie was the newest coach of the four and she didn't have a lot of experience yet but that didn't mean that she would not recognize someone with amazing talent the moment he stood before her. Taehyung was one of those people who would definitely become a fan favorite and since the public was allowed to vote in the live shows as well that was something very valuable.

When it was Jisoo's turn to speak the brown haired girl shifted in her seat a bit before she locked eyes with the grey haired boy on the stage. "Taehyung you are talented, there's no doubt in that. I'd love to work with you because I seriously think that we will make a great team." The brown haired girl spoke and Taehyung smiled once her words entered his ears. Jisoo was someone the grey haired boy looked up to a lot. She was confident and amazing when she was on stage. There was no doubt in the student's mind that they would get along really well. However unfortunately for her Jungkook was also one of the judges and Taehyung admired no one more than Jungkook.

"It's my turn to try and convince you to join my team now." Jungkook then spoke with his beautiful angelic voice and immediately Taehyung looked at him while a small red blush began to form onto his face. The brunette didn't even have to try to make Taehyung lose track of all his surroundings. The only thing that mattered once Jungkook started to speak were the words that left his mouth.

"However I'm at a complete loss for words if I have to be honest." The brown haired idol spoke as he sheepishly smiled while softly leaning his hand against his head. "Like Yoongi said, you are complete Taehyung. You've got the voice, a great personality and you look amazing as well. I'd obviously love to work with you because I'm convinced that you will win this whole competition, even without the help of any of us. You are just perfect." Jungkook spoke in a amazed tone while looking at Taehyung with stars in his eyes. It was as clear as day that Jungkook was completely mesmerized by Taehyung.

Softly Yoongi began to laugh suddenly before he turned towards where his fellow coach was sitting. "Jungkook you know this isn't Tinder, right?" The mint haired rapper joked and immediately the other boy's eyes grew big before he started to shake his head a bit while an awkward smile made it's way onto his face. "No no no, I didn't mean it like that!"

A soft laugh left Taehyung's mouth as well and he looked at the four coaches in front of him. All of them were without a doubt amazing choices but the grey haired boy had already made his decision. He would surely regret it if he didn't pick the one person he admired the most.

"Alright Taehyung, it's time to make your decision now." Jennie spoke up once all four coaches had listed the reasons why the grey haired boy should pick them. A nervous look was visible on all four famous coaches faces and a small smile began to form onto Taehyung's face. Who would have thought people like them would ever be nervous about something completely in his hands.

Slowly the grey haired boy began to raise the microphone to his mouth again and began to speak. "I'm choosing Jungkook." He spoke as confident as possible and immediately the brown haired coach jumped up from his seat while a bright smile was decorating his face. Immediately after he waved Taehyung to come down to him and before the student knew it he was pulled into a hug by the younger boy who was clearly very happy to have him in his team. A soft red blush was decorating Taehyung's cheeks as he hugged Jungkook back and before he knew it the brunette began to whisper into his ear.

"You and I together Taehyung. We will win this." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

from now on expect a lot of Jungkook and Taehyung moments because I planned a  whole bunch of them!

Question of the chapter:

what is your favorite tv program?

Please show some love for the story by:

* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story!❤️

Thank you all so much for reading my story!