Part Twenty-One

Sooji: So what did you do for break Nari? 

What did I do for break? I spent the last month snowed out in a mansion with a sugar daddy who is everything that I want but that I can’t tell you about. 

After cheer was the first time I saw Sooji since before christmas break. When we were done with practice she seemed to have had a lot of pent up energy as she approached me dressed in her uniform. 

Me: Nothing, just chilled in the apartment. 

Sooji: That’s it? You didn’t even go out in that new Tesla that came from nowhere? And that necklace? Your name doesn’t even start with a “P”.

Me: Nosey isn’t a good color on you Sooji. What did you do for break? 

She grinned at me, sitting down on the bleachers as I packed my gym bag. She lifted her chin up slightly to present to me the pearls that she won from the auction. Right as she started talking, Namjoon started texting me about one of the shows I got him watching over the break. 

I couldn’t help grinning to myself. No one in my friend group actually watching things that I reccomennd to them. 

“Text messages*

Me: ur show cheating on me 🙁

Namjoon: I can’t believe you actually watched this

Me: ofc i did sydney sweeny is an icon. 

Me: who’s your favorite so far.

Me: if you say nate i’ll kill you

Namjoon: Nate is pretty cool though

Me: fake

Me: cancelled

*IRL*

Sooji: So after christmas, Sihyun and I went to his escape house up in the hills...Hey! Stop texting and pay attention to me. 

Me: Sorry. 

Sooji: Who is on your phone that is more important than me? 

Me: No one! I’m listening. You went to Sihyun’s house…

Sooji: Right. So we had the most romantic night ever. He even put a mistletoe under the door so that I had to-

*text messages*

Me: stop playing games, just tell me who ur favorite is already

Namjoon: nate

Me: STOP IT!

Namjoon: 😈💀

Namjoon: my favorite character is Cal

Me: -_-

*IRL*

Sooji: ...PAY ATTENTION TO ME!

Me: Sorry!

Sooji snatch my phone out of my hand, scratching me with her acrylic nails that I did for her before break. 

Me: Dude! You cut me!

Sooji: Who is...why is this contact name just a clown emoji?

Me: Give me back my phone. 

Sooji: Quit ignoring me. 

Me: I’m listening!

Sooji: No you’re not, you texting...clown emoji. 

Me: I am! You and Sihyun went to his sketchy little cabin up in the hills and then he discovered what it’s like to act like a human being and was cute and romantic all week. Then you guys probably fucking in front of the fireplace. 

Sooji: I didn’t even get to the fireplace yet. 

Me: See? I was paying attention. Please calm down. 

Sooji: Whatever, I’ll see you at the apartment. Assuming you don’t run off somewhere. 

Me: Do you need a ride or? 

Sooji: No I’ll walk. 

Me: Walk…? Sooji that’s a half hour walk and it’s freezing.

Sooji: Then I’ll get hypothermia and die. It’s not like you would care.

Me: Sooji get in-

Sooji: I’m kidding you dumb bitch. Sihyun will drive me. 

Me: Ok. Tell him I said he still isn’t cute. 

Sooji: Yeah. Bye. 

She slapped my phone back in my hand and walked off into the parking lot. I let my hair out of its scrunchie on my way to my car. 

*text messages*

Namjoon: Ok I’m done messing with you

Namjoon: My favorite character ties between Fez and Mckay. 

Me: mckay is trash but I will accept fezco

Me: But Maddy is superior.

Namjoon: I forgot who that is

Me: F A K E

*IRL*

Someone was leaning against the hood of my car when I came towards it. Her arms were crossed and her face was so stern, like she never learned how to even much as crack a smile. 

She was definitely older than me, and taller than me. She had brown hair that was up in a bun with a black, cropped, puffy jacket. Her sunglasses covered most of her face but brought out her red painted lips that chewed aggressively on a piece of gum

Me: Excuse me, can I help you? 

Woman:

Me: Look ma'am, you're leaning on my car and I need to get going is there anything I can help you with?

Woman: Yes. Stop fucking my husband.