|42|~A Night Full Of Surprises~

Unedited.
Embry POV.

It has now been a little over a minute since Claire decided to take a stand for me and her bravery still hasn't faltered. The cold-hearted King continues to try and intimidate the beautiful human however she continues to demonstrate her dauntless nature with the act of a woman but also holding the courage of a man.

I silently continue to stand in place, watching the bold and beautiful human make history.

Claire is truly amazing.

The cold-hearted King's bright red eyes glow brighter as he tilts his chin and just when I thought that he has finally lost his patience, ready to place this human in her place once and for all. King Xander proves me wrong. His full lips curve into a smirk as he says, "Check Mate," and then just like that he leaves the room.

"Check Mate," I think to myself. Out of all things that he could have said, or better yet should have said he decides to say, "Check Mate," What the hell does that mean? I guess I would never know. I'm just about to relax when I realize the other vampire that my wolf said snapped my neck is still present.

Plus, his eyes are now set on fire as he places his attention on me. Why does he have to be so frighteningly mean? Like serious, he give me the creeps, I wish that he would just leave. His presence alone scares the crap out of me.

Claire must be able to read my mind or she must be some type of genie or something because not even a second after her electric green eyes lock with my hazel ones. She turns to face the mean-looking vampire, which results in him nodding and taking his leave.

What the hell? Who is the girl and what the hell in this blood-forsaken universe has gotten into these blood-forsaken vampires? They all seem to worship the ground that she walks on. Why?

You know what none of that matters. They are all gone, which means that I'm safe... for now and that's more than a she-wolf like me can ask for. With that thought, I sink down to the ground while releasing my breath. Finally, I can breathe again!

"Xander is not really that bad," suddenly says Claire, regaining my attention. Yeah, right! Maybe not when it comes to her but when I'm involved I just have to disagree. Actually, if I'm going to be real I must admit that none of them seem to be bad when she is involved.

This brings me back to my original question. Who is she? I mean she is a human right? I think to myself while closely looking over her.

I mean she smells like a human, though she really does exceed the limit of a normal human in the looks department. ( Again no offense) Though even with that I still don't understand why a vampire king who is known for being cold-hearted would demonstrate nothing but warmth inside of his heart when it comes to her? It's so strange.

Not only did two vampires respect her wishes. No, I take that back, not only did two vampires one of them being a vampire King at that, follow this girl's demand because let's be clear she very much so demanded respect from the both of them. In addition to that, from what I've seen it appears that they will willingly go to war for her against whoever, even against my mate. Obviously, I'm a wolf so it makes perfect sense that they would view me as a threat, but why would they care if I'm a threat to Claire?

She is just a human. Vampires are supposed to hate humans just as much as they hate wolves. I guess the only way to find out is by asking as my wolf said. I've got to be straightforward.

"I don't think any of them are," I respond, which makes Claire's bright green eyes pop out in surprise. Interesting? It seems like she expected a different answer or reaction from me, which makes me wonder if she has ever met another wolf before. Based upon, her actions it appears that she has. That is the only logical explanation of why she would be surprised by anything that I say.