Chapter 22

Gabriel went downstairs and saw his parents seated in the living room.

"Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad." he greeted as he walked into the living room.

"Hi, son" his dad replied.

"Oh honey, how are you? My God, Gabriel, you've lost weight!" his mom exclaimed.

"Mom, I'm fine," Gabriel replied hugging his mom.

"Why didn't you tell me about Nicole? I felt hurt finding out from Charles." his mom scolded.

'Wow, she already remembers her first name, that's fast!' Gabriel thought to himself.

"I planned on bringing her over but I was too busy, and I couldn't make time for that. I'm sorry." Gabriel lied.

"You're always busy, don't you get tired?" His mom replied.

"So, where is she?" She asked looking around for her son's fiancee.

"She's out in the garden, she should be here soon," he replied.

They were seated in the living room discussing different things when Nicole walked in.

"Oh my God! Is that her?" Mrs Harrison asked as she excitedly stood up from her place and walked towards Nicole.

"She is beautiful and quite young," his mom continued with a bright smile, admiring the female before her.

"How did you do it, Gabe?" She asked now looking at her son, waiting for his reply.

"Nevermind," she immediately dismissed the question turning back to Nicole.

"It's nice to meet you, ma'am." Nicole shyly greeted.

"Aww, don't be shy with me and I don't want you addressing me in that manner. I'm Helen to you, okay?"

"Okay," Nicole replied with a smile. Helen guided Nicole to the couch where she was sitting with her husband.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Helen asked her husband making Nicole smile shyly.

"She is really beautiful, congratulations son." Gabriel's dad said.

Helen was excited to see that her son had finally found someone in his life. She has been waiting for this day to come, she didn't think that he was ever going to get over his breakup with Ashley.

"So, how did you two meet?" She excitedly asked Nicole.

"Mom you're already throwing questions at her, I don't think that's necessary," Gabriel said trying to prevent his mom from asking any questions.

"What? I think I have the right to know that information, don't you think?" She questioned.

"No, it's fine. We met at a bar," Nicole began.

"We chatted for a while and became friends afterward, then... One thing led to another and we ended up dating." she managed to lie.

Nicole felt bad doing this but she had no choice.

"Really! But my son here is a hard nut to crack. How did you do it? I mean how did you both get to this point?" Helen asked intrigued by Nicole's story, wanting to know more.

"Yeah, he is quite a case, a special one at that. I must be honest with you, it wasn't easy... Since his walls were too thick to break through. I had to open up first about myself and my feelings before anything started." she explained, hoping she was doing well with her lies because she wouldn't want to blow their cover.

"Oh, honey that must have been tough for you. I apologize on his behalf... He was like that because of his ex Ashley, I'm sure he has told you about her."