Chapter 19

"Go on. Explain what you have in mind," Quinton said getting straight to the point as he downed his caffeine.

We both sat on the sofas down the hall from the doorway and I shook my head.

"No. We wait for Alexander," I replied and ran a hand through my loose hair.

I was surprised when Quinton didn't argue with it as he was the impatient type. He simply smirked and shook his head.

"Fine."

As if hearing our impatient pleas, the door sounded with a knock, then another.

As I began hoisting myself up, Quinton grabbed my arm and pulled me back down.

"Its open," he called out.

I gave him a sideways glance as he just winked at me.

The doorknob twisted and slowly opened. I had no idea why, but my heartbeat accelerated as I felt anticipation pump my veins and weird knots appeared in my stomach.

It was an odd feeling.

The door shut closed with a click and I glanced up.

It was Alexander. I already knew that. However seeing him made me feel unexplainable things.

Today Alexander wore an all grey almost black, plaid button down shirt with black pants. His expensive looking silver watch was on display as he brought it up and glanced at it.

He then looked up and I bit down on my tongue as I admired his beauty.

I knew he was attractive. But some days it was too much too handle.

His dark hair was messy and his hazel eyes looked at my blue ones.

"Victoria," he acknowledged.

"Alexander. Come sit," I said nodding towards the sofa.

Alexander walked over with his car keys in hand and took a seat opposite Quinton and I. Ironic how he chose the armchair and leaned back.

"We're all ears Victoria," Quinton said after giving his boss and friend a nod of acknowledgment.

"Right. As you both know before we get to Marcus, I need to go through with Catelyn and Max. Today's guy, is Max," I started with and Alexander nodded as he already knew of the current situation.

"How do you plan on doing that?" Quinton asked.

"You see- today Williams industries have a business meeting with the Sanders. Marcus is letting Max take it and-"

"-the Sanders?" Alexander and Quinton both said at the same time as they looked at me in shock.

The Sanders weren't really the grouping around type.

"-and," I ignored, "-If Max gets the deal and the Sanders agree on the project of a new product, Max gets the role of head executive and-"

"And you want to fuck it up," Quinton finished with a smirk meanwhile Alexander listened quietly his gaze on mine.

"That's one way to put it," I shrugged.

I then stood up and fixed up my red blouse as I circled the room, both Alexanders and Quinton's eyes following me.

"You see, I don't want him to have head executive," I went on.

"I want him to have nothing. I want Catelyn to have nothing and I want Marcus to have nothing," I rambled as I stopped circling the room and started at nothing but empty space.