Homemade (Part One)

"Wake up," Biana said with a laugh. "He totally likes you!"

"Huh?" Sophie mumbled, remembering she wasn't alone and straightened. "Sorry... phased out. What were you saying?"

Biana sighed in the kind of way that an artist would sigh if a kid stuck their hand in some paint and rubbed it all over their masterpiece they'd been working on for months. "Oh, it wasn't important. Just been trying to inform you  for the last hour of Keefe's insane obsessions."

"And that's interesting because...?"

Sophie just wanted to talk about how Luna had eaten a piece of mallowmelt out of her hand that afternoon. Then again, she might leap back to Havenfield and run outside to strangle the sparkly, adorable little monster if she started now.

Biana sighed again. "Y-y'know what, never mind."

There was a brief silence until Biana flopped back on her sparkly pink comforter and said, "So, how is Keefe? Spill the tea. I haven't seen him in, like, weeks. Did you do something?"

This was why Sophie hated sleepovers. There was always a nosy one in the bunch. And, lucky her, she was getting one-on-one time with probably the nosiest girl she knew besides Marella. Who also happened to be the sister of her long-running crush. Who'd been her boyfriend. Very recently.

"Hey, you okay?" Biana asked, concern lacing her tone.

"Why do people keep asking me that? Yeees, I'm fine," Sophie said with a laugh. Though it came out a bit too nervous for her liking.

"Whatever you say," Biana said, rolling her eyes, but smiling. "And hey, you never answered my question! What'd you do to Keefe?"

"Nothing!" Sophie said, then realized too late she'd said it too quickly.

Biana laughed. "Oh, come on! What'd you do?"

"Nothing," Sophie mumbled, shoving her hands behind her back and sitting on them so she wouldn't tug at her eyelashes. "And telling him I'd bring him more E. L. Fudges awhile ago and never doing it doesn't count."

Biana mock gasped. "You never brought him the E. L. Fudges? But that's all he'd talk about with me for, like, the past month! Soph, honey, you need to go get those things and apologize."

In reality, the reason she hadn't brought him the cookies yet was because... Well, she didn't quite know. An odd feeling was developing every time she saw Keefe lately, so she'd told him she needed some space. He'd agreed without protest, but... now Sophie felt bad as she remembered the sad look in his eyes as he'd leaped back to the Shores of Solace.

So she determined to make it up to him. And she did just that when she leaped back to Havenfield the next day.

- - -

So, this will be a multi-part oneshot requested by S0Keefe4Life . How many parts? We'll see when I feel like stopping XD

Have a great day y'all!