Part Twenty-Two

Me: E-Excuse me? 

Woman: You’re already a whore, please don’t be a stupid one. 

Me: I’m sorry about your husband, but you have the wrong girl. 

I walked around her to the driver’s door without making eye contact. She brought her palm down on me, knocking my keys from my hand. 

Me: Ok bitch, you really need to back off.

Woman: The only bitch here is you. Spreading your legs for a married man.

Me: I don't know you, and I didn't fuck your husband. Go somewhere before I call the cops. 

Woman: So you're a stupid, lying whore. 

I've never been in a fight before, but this lady was begging me on. I tossed my gym back into the back seat, then picked up my keys from the ground. I tried my very best to stay calm like my dad would tell me to do. 

Me: Ok. Look. Call me all the names you want. But I didn't, haven't, and wouldn't fuck your husband. Now back away from my car unless you want me to run you over with it. Yeah?

Woman: I'm just curious. How much is Namjoon paying you to keep your mouth shut? 

Ok she’s obviously lying. Namjoon told me himself he didn't have a wife.

Me: What?

Woman: Well, you wouldn’t be so defensive if there wasn’t anything in there for you. Sports cars and jewelry doesn’t equal love sweetie. 

Me: I don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Her blood-red lips curled into a smirk. As she got really quiet, someone behind me wrapped their arms around my shoulder and pointed a cold, hollow piece of metal against my waist. At first I didn’t recognize the voice. When I did, my stomach turned in disgust. 

Sejoo: Nari. It’s been a minute hasn’t it, beautiful?

Me: Let go of me. 

Sejoo: Minseo, are you sure it’s Nari?

Woman (Minseo): I’m sure

The lady, I now know as Minseo, opened her bag, pulling out a picture from it. She presented to us one of many polaroids that Namjoon took of me. 

But that doesn’t make any sense. Namjoon doesn’t have a wife. With all the times I’ve been to his house...hell I was there all break. He did not have a wife. 

Minseo: See? That’s her. That’s the tramp. 

Me: I-

Sejoo: Well, I didn’t think you were like this Nari. You seemed so wholesome at the Gala. 

Me: You’re lying. 

Sejoo: My sister wouldn’t lie about something like this Nari. 

Me: Sister? 

Minseo: What a small world! The girl that my brother wouldn’t shut the fuck up is the same bitch fucking my husband. 

Me: I didn’t know...I’m so sorry.

Tears swelled into my eyes and so did the guilt into my body. I’m not the one who deserves to cry though. I’m not the one being cheated on with someone who promised to love me to my death. 

Sejoo: Bullshit you didn’t know. 

Minseo: Sejoo. Enough. 

Me: *croaking* I  really didn’t. 

Minseo: Hey. Kid. Stop crying. I get it you didn’t know. Sorry for...well cussing you out of your name. 

Me: *teary* I  guess I deserved it. 

Minseo: Just...stay away from him. Got it? 

Me: *shaky* Mhm. Got it. 

Minseo: Damn it, I made her cry. 

Sejoo: She’s the mistress. 

Minseo: *softly* No, she didn't know. Hey. kid. Wipe your face and get in the car. Sejoo, follow us to the bookstore. I'll need a ride home.

Sejoo: Alright.