Season 1 - The Weirdo on Maple Street

(Y/n/n) = Your Nickname

The basement of the Wheeler's house was warm compared to the icy cold rain outside. We had snuck in through the back door as to not wake Mike's parents, because they didn't even know that Mike had gone in the first place.

The girl now sat on the couch, my coat (that Lucas had reluctantly given up) wrapped tightly around her. She looked up at us, scared, as we all stared back down at her, not knowing what to do.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" I asked her as gently as I could, thinking that was a good place to start. The girl met my eyes, a blank face.

"Where's your hair?" Dustin asked, then gasped. "Do you have cancer?"

"Dustin!" I hissed.

"Did you run away?" Lucas then proceeded.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike said.

Lucas leaned in a little closer. "Is that blood?"

"Okay! Enough questions," I said, watching as Mike slapped Lucas' hand away from her. "You're freaking her out!"

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas said.

"I bet she's deaf!" Dustin said. He clapped his hands as loudly as he could, dropping them to his side when she jumped. "...Not deaf."

"All right, that's enough, all right?" Mike said. I nodded my head. "She's just scared and cold."

Mike then sighed and raised his eyebrows like he'd had an idea. He then went over to his washing machine and searched for something. As he looked, another bang of thunder came from outside, making the girl jump.

I frowned and kneeled in front of her, placing my hand on her knee.

"Hey, you're okay, now," I told her soothingly. "We've got you, alright?"

She stared down at me, her face becoming softer.

Mike them came back, pushing passed me to her. I nearly fell over when Dustin put his leg out to stop me from hitting the ground. I smiled bashfully up at him before using his arm to hoist myself back to a standing position.

"Here, these are clean, okay?" Mike held out some clothes for the girl. She took them, staring at them as if she had never seen clothes before. She rubbed the corner against her face, making all of us exchange looks.

She pushed off the coat and stood up before beginning to pull up the hem of her shirt.

"No, no no no no-" Lucas and Dustin turned away and Mike put his hand over her's to stop from going up any higher. I grabbed her shirt and tugged it back down.

"Oh my God, oh my God," Dustin rubbed his eyes as he walked away in the other direction, Lucas doing the same.

"See, over there?" Mike pointed to the downstairs bathroom, pretending that he hadn't just saw what he had. "That's the bathroom. Privacy, get it?"

The girl looked confused at him for a moment before picking up the pile of clothes on the couch and heading toward the bathroom, Mike and I in tow. When she was in, Mike began to close the door, but she quickly caught it and looked up at us with an intense stare.

"You... don't want it closed?" Mike asked unsurely, glancing up at me.

"No," the girl said, surprising us.

"Oh, so you can speak," Mike said. I narrowed my eyes at him.

Obviously, I thought.

"Okay, well..."