(33)

Left over dish

Colby's pov

I realized quickly that Kens parents are very different from each other. Her mother has been the sweetest since I got here. Jace and his parents haven't really talked much other then telling story's about Jace and Ken.

I am broken out of thought when Ken runs her hand through my hair.

"Day dreaming I see." She smiled and I just sat there staring at her.

"Yeah." I whisper and stand up, looking around seeing no one in the area where we are. "Where did everyone go?" I question stretching.

"You were day dreaming that long." She smiled again with a bit of laughter behind her voice. I look and see she has changed fully into a tee shirt and grey sweatpants. "Jack said that we were going to go down to the courts that's like over there." She gestured in a direction I was not familiar with. "And we are gonna play a make up game of basketball." She smiled and wrapped her arms around me.

"Okay uh can we run back to the hotel then because these pants aren't comfortable." I run my hands on her back, she nods and leans against me. A cough sounds behind me, causing me to jump slightly.

"You wish I was dad." Matt smiles patting my back and looking between the two of us. "I gotta ride with you guys. Jack and Lex said that they were riding with mom and dad. And uh Jace is going to pick up some people." Matt rolls his eyes and looks at me. "Do you want some pants and a shirt?"

"I mean we were just gonna run back to the hotel but if you don't mind." I shrug and Matt just leaves the room returning with a pair of dark green sweatpants and a black tee shirt.

"Here I can take you to the bathroom and change." Ken says as Matt hands the clothes to me.

"Don't get all hm hm with my sister you got 10 minutes to change and be out in the car." Matt says putting his hands up and walking out of the house and closing the front door.

Ken walks away and I take a couple large steps to catch up to her and we walk into a room at the end of the hallway and it looks like a polar opposite room from what the whole house is. Ken flips the lights on and I see all the polaroids on the walls.

"Wow Kenny bear." I look around and notice all of them have dates on them and they are all of Skylar and Kenzie. Some have a couple guys in them and some are just of the girls with who looks like Jace, some have Matt in them.

"Yeah common just change in here." She opens a door, revealing a bathroom and I step in and she closes the door. I quickly change and walk out. Kenzie is looking at some of the pictures. "Okay let's go."

We walk out and I see Matt sitting in the back seat bouncing the car up and down.

"You are five dip shit." Ken rolls her eyes getting into the driver seat and pulling her phone out of pocket and setting it on my lap.

"And that would make you non-existing so." Ken turns and looks at him. "Am I wrong?" He shrugs and starts to laugh.

"Fuck off bitch." Ken flipped him off and then pulled out of the driveway and down to the gates. She then pulled out of them and in the opposite direction of where we came in.

We arrive at the field within minutes. Jace was leaning against his car talking to a couple guys and a girl who were next to him. Ken and Matt both look at each other.

"Great." Ken shuts the car off and Matt gets out of the car. After the door shuts she looks at me. "Okay the girl is Matt's ex but she used to be in the friend group of me, Skylar, Jace, Tyler." She points at a boy with a blue and white leather mans jacket on. "Hayden." She points at the tallest boy with his arm around the girl. "And that's Cameron, she was basically queen bee of our friend group." She looks at me and then out at the group staring at us.

"Okay." I take the keys out of her hand and put them into my pocket. I open my door and step out and so does Mackenzie.

"Look who it is. Ms celebrity and her boyfriend." Hayden said walking over and giving Kenzie a hug. "We've missed you bean. Where skylar?" I take a couple steps around the car and as I get next to Ken, Hayden puts his hand out for me. I shake it as Kenzie starts to talk and everyone walks over to us.

"She's at home like in LA. Colby and I were coming for a vacation when we were greeted with a call from Ben because SOMEONE." Kenzie emphasized someone and looked at Jace with a killing look. "Decide to tell Ben I was in PA."

"Well I figured Ben would love to see his run away daughter now wouldn't he." Jace put his arm around Cameron and walked over everyone was standing in a circle when another car pulls up with Mackenzies father and mother in the front.

"Well anyways. I'm Colby, Kens boyfriend." I say and put my arm on Kens back, she leans against my hand and arm.

"I'm Hayden and that's Tyler." Both guys have the nod and then Cameron walked close to me. Kenzie stood up more and watched her.

Cameron looked at me and then around. The parents walked over to us and Cameron smiled.

"Mackenzie he is much uglier then his friends. You have always been good at taking the ugly one." Cameron smirked as Tyler and Hayden looked at her with shooting looks. Jace just smiled.

"That's why you took my left overs right Cams." Kenzie slipped her hand into mine and walked away from the group, her mom and dad watching us.