Chapter 30

When I get home, I wave off the others refusing to talk to anyone other then to tell them I'm going to my room to do homework. All I need is some time to myself.

"Peter?" Dad asks and I look at him. "You good kid?" He asks with confusion in his eyes and I nod knowing that if I say another word I won't be able to hold back my emotions. "Okay then, we'll be out here if you need us." He says and I nod again before going to my room and shutting the door.

My put my back to the door and slide down it. My head pounds and when I reach the floor I put it between my legs.

"What the fuck was I thinking? That everything was going to be better? It was all going to be happy?" I mumble to myself as tears fall down my face and I struggle to breathe.

"Peter, are you alright?" Friday's voice comes from above me and I struggle to my feet.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." I mutter and crawl into bed tossing my backpack off to the side. I don't care what happens. I just want to sleep. Not think about tomorrow or any of the days that I have to go to school.

I climb under all of my blankets and just lay there. Processing horrible the day was compared to how bad I thought it was.

Tony

I watch as Peter walks in and can instantly tell that something is wrong. I look to Steve and he gives me an encouraging look to go try and talk to him so I decide to try.

"I'm going to my room to do my homework." Peter mumbles not making eye contact with any of us in the living room. He starts to walk away and I follow him.

"Peter?" I call his name and he stops letting me catch up to him. "You good kid?" I ask and he nods his head. "Okay then, we'll be out here if you need us." I smile slightly and he nods again before walking into his room.

I stand there for a moment, not really knowing what to do. I look at the door for a solid minute before walking back out to the living room.

"Keep an eye on him Fri."

Peter

The morning comes too quickly. I watch as the sky turns purple and fumble around in the dark trying to find the folder.

"Peter?" Friday's voice comes from above with no warning. I drop the papers, I had literally just finished picking up.

"Shit." I curse under my breath and try to gather them all again.

"Peter, are you okay?" Friday asks and I give the ceiling a look before going back to gathering the papers.

"Yeah. No. Maybe. Why? What's up Friday?" I groan feeling stupid. I put the stack of papers onto my desk.

"Your up early and that isn't common for you." Friday turns the lights on at high and I wince.

"I like my sleep." I groan again and cover my eyes with my hand. "Dim the lights Friday." The room gets darker and I remove my hand from my face and see how messy the room is. "What time is it Friday?"

"It's is exactly 2:39 am."

"Cool. Can you play me music?" I ask curiously because I know Dad can make her play music but I don't know if I'll be able to listen to music.

"Yes, Peter. Any request?"

"Uh," I think for a second. "Can you get into my Spotify account?" Friday's pauses and thinks for a moment before speaking up again.

"Yes. Is that what you would like?" She asks and I nod.

"Yes, please." I say sitting down at my desk and starting to work on my homework. "Just shuffle it all." After a second of hesitation, one of my favorite songs 'Young Dumb & Broke' by Khalid breaks the silence and I focus in on my homework, singing along to the lyrics.

A few hours later, the sky is a shade of violet and all of my work is finished. As I finish cleaning up, I hunt down my backpack and switch my folder out for my suit.

Suddenly, 'Umbrella' by Rihanna starts blaring over the speakers and I make a face at the ceiling.

"Skip."

No respond.

"Friday, skip."

Still no response.

"Fine, doesn't bother me." I laugh and move around my room, singing and dancing. By the time the song is over I'm laughing so hard Friday finally says something.

"For wanting to skip that song so much, you enjoy it very much." She says and I give the ceiling a look.

"We don't talk about that. Time check?"

"5:12 am." Friday says. "I believe your Pops and Bucky will be up shortly."

"Oof." I say and start to change into my suit.

"Oof?" Friday repeats.

"Yeah. Oof." I laugh and pack normal clothes into my backpack so I can change when I get to school. I usually always wear the same kinds of outfit. Jeans or sweatpants, a tee shirt and a jacket or sweatshirt because I'm lazy and I don't want to stick out too much. "Google it Friday." I laugh opening and closing my hands, getting the feel of Dad's new suit for me. "Cya Friday!" I laugh dropping out of my window and dropping to the ground before swinging away.

As I swing my way through Queens the sky gets lighter and I help with traffic and wave hello to people walking to work. I help out with a few basic things too, like helping the fire department put out a few early morning house fires, stopping an accident or two and stopped to help a guy who lost his dog.

Soon enough, I see my classmates walking around around to meet up with their friends before walking to school in one big group. A bunch of kids stop and point me out as I swing over the streets. I stop to talk to a few of them before finally finding an empty alley and changing into my everyday clothes.

And just like that I'm off to meet up with Ned.