3.9

"Here," Mark's voice echoed from behind Victor as he tossed a water bottle to him. Dressed in his uniform, Mark looked rather dashing even under the boiling sun. His eyes remained cold, but something about them made Victor's heart jumped.

"Thanks," Victor replied as he opened the water bottle, taking a big gulp of the water.

Today was the fifth day since they set out for the battle. Although they traveled in ships and other vehicles, they were close to Y Nation, to the point where a slight move might warn their enemies of their attack. So instead, they were now marching under the boiling, hot sun.

Victor's clothes were drenched, his sweat dripping off his face as his eyes looked far into the distance. He was thinking of his next move. Mark had been sticking close to him over the time they spent together, but Raven had also been trying to meet Mark. Victor didn't understand why Raven seemed different compared to what he thought of him, but even though he thought so, his guard were still up.

As he looked at the other soldiers who were spending their break, Nix walked up to him.

"General," Nix called out, his brown eyes were filled with admiration and joy.

Victor turned to look at him, much to Mark's dislike. "Hey, how's it going?" Smiling, he smacked Nix's back with more strength than intended.

Nix stumbled a bit, but he also smiled as he replied, "Great. I did what you asked me to do. After losing to you, I spent a while trying to find another soldier to attack. I won after a while and now, everyone is trying to figure out who has the white cloths. I'm sure that a lot of the other soldiers have gotten pulled into this mess, especially since you can't refuse."

"That's great, have you noticed anything different?" Victor asked as he looked at Mark from the corner of his eyes before focusing on Nix.

Nix nodded his head, "Actually, I have. After you had beaten me on that day, when I fought against my opponent I made sure to study his movements. I realized that you were right about my tendency to get rather too into the battle that I don't think about anything else other than beating my opponent. With your advice, I made sure to plan my movements ahead of time."

Victor nodded his head in return, the smile on his face not changing as he replied, "It seems like everyone is getting closer then. I haven't noticed before but, it feels like the air amongst you soldiers have changed."

"Well, before you came, there had always been this competitive air in the atmosphere. In our squad, we usually tried to beat one another no matter what. Most of the alphas didn't get along well and it often ended up with fights that had to be broken up or arguments, but everything seems to have died down since you moved to our squad. Our squad was a huge mess before you came. At one point, General Mark had to get involved and the fight ended up being broken up rather quickly with him." Nix cheekily said as grinned.

"What did Mark do?" Victor couldn't help his curiosity when Mark's name got brought up. He was rather interested on what Mark had done, knowing his temper in this world wasn't the best.

Nix laughed before he spoke, "Well, on that day, our squad had been punished for another fight earlier on and we had to run ten kilometers. After that, everyone was tired and stressed out. I don't know what exactly happened but two alphas got into an argument. All of us thought that it was just that since another fight had already happened that morning but it suddenly escalated. No one knew what started it but one of the alphas threw out a punch then it turned into a huge fight."

"Then, more alphas got thrown into the fight and at the end, it was a huge pile of people pummeling one another. I still remember General Mark's reaction when he entered. Upon seeing what had happened, he ordered a few of the other soldiers to get nurses to come before he walked towards the huge brawl with a cold expression on. He didn't seem surprised but rather a little amused. Anyways, he grabbed one of the soldiers by the collar and chucked him away from the pile and onto the ground before he got everyone else out of the brawl."