Gateway Drug | Part Eight

Warning(s): Explicit Language
Mentions of drug abuse
Minor sexual situations

----------

A year and a half flew by like the speed of light, and things were starting to come together for every one of us. 

I put school on hold, which Nikki didn’t like because he felt it was his fault, even though he was aware I would’ve put school on hold anyway for Tommy. I didn’t even have to tell my parents I was dating Nikki because as soon as mom found withdraw forms from Julliard in the mail, she called me dishonest, accused me of disobeying my parents, and threw me out as soon as I let her know I found somewhere else to stay. I figured she would find out about us eventually, anyway, so there was no reason for me to go out of my way to tell her why I was putting school off. After that happened, I left my house and was living with Nikki once everyone saved up enough money to move out of the crappy apartment. To Vince and Tommy we were just room mates. We knew Mick didn’t fall for it because, like Tansy, he also just knew things but he never mentioned a word of it Tommy or Vince, or even confirmed to either me or Nikki that he knew what was really going on. He minded his business, like he always did.

Tansy and her mom had moved out to New York the summer after we graduated because she had been approached for a contract with some modeling agency out there and they were paying for a nice apartment for them to stay in. I was proud of her because she had always wanted to model, however, I was skeptical. She was 5'3" and back then, you had no chance of hitting a runway if you were too short. So Editorials were her only option, but I knew she would be just as happy posing in Vogue as she would be walking down a catwalk.

So with the new album, Tansy modeling, everyone moving out of the hell-hole apartment and Nikki and I managing to make it over a year tolerating each other in a relationship, everything was falling in to place. And it was only getting better.

“‘Jesus is Satan?’ I raise a brow as I ask, seeing Nikki and Vince smiling and laughing while explaining why one of their sound engineers fled their recording session.

"It’s only backtracking, it’s not like we’re throwing it out there. You gotta look for it.” Vince explains.

“Aren’t you two just every church girl’s dream?” I ask sarcastically.

“Maybe you should start cleansing my soul before I come inside the apartment. It might help exorcise whatever demon you’re convinced has possessed me.” He says it genuinely, but I know he’s full of it from the smirk he gives me. I’m tempted to threaten to close my legs anytime he wants any, but Vince is here and he’d tell Tommy if he knew about us, so I save the threat for later, narrowing my eyes at Nikki.

“Ohh, if looks could kill you’d be a dead man.” Vince hits Nikki’s arm as Nikki takes a swig of his Jack.

“Whatever, I’m taking a nap.” I tell them, stepping to the guest bedroom which is supposed to be my room.

“You just woke up a couple hours ago,” Nikki argues.

“I don’t feel good.” I reply, honestly, the budding feeling of nausea resting in the pit of my stomach.

Vince leans over to Nikki, whispering something in to his ear and Nikki shakes his head, grinning.

“No, not for another week.” He says to Vince, the two smiling innocently at me and I ignore them and shut the door of the bedroom, crawling in to the bed.