Gateway Drug | Part Ten

Warning(s): Explicit language
Mentions of violence

----------

"So,“ I start, trying to fix my hair in the dressing room mirror, flattening the red strands between the irons of the hair straightener in my hands. "Tansy’s wanting me to stay with her for a few weeks.” I tell Nikki slowly, waiting for his answer as he smears lipstick on his lips.

“Tansy lives in New York, though.” He points out and I lick my lips and start on the next section of my thick hair.

“Yeah…and she wants me to come see her for a few weeks.” I reply and he puts the lid back on my lipstick and looks at me.

“Do you want to go see her for a few weeks?“

“It would be nice.” I raise my brows, giving him a smile.

He thinks a minute before saying:

“It’ll be good for you two to spend some time together since you’re not gonna see each other much after March, anyway.” He tells me.

“Why? What’s in March?” I ask, finishing my hair and making sure the tangles are out.

“Our wedding?” He asks me as if I’m stupid and I drop the hair brush and look at him.

“I’m sorry, March of 1983?“ I ask in disbelief and he furrows his brows.

“Uh, yeah?”

“Nikki, that’s like two months away. We don’t have time to plan a wedding in two months. You’re working on an album.“

“Well, when were you thinking we get married?”

“December of ‘84.“ I state and he bursts in to an unamused laugh.

“Oh, bullshit. I’m not engaged to be engaged for two more fuckin’ years, Viv. Fuck that.” He stands up straight after teasing his hair, looking down at me.

“You guys will be working on music. This album will be done and you’ll probably have a tour, then when you get off tour you’ll start on a new album and tour some more. We need more time to plan a wedding. Not to mention it’ll give us more time to save up more money for it.”

“I was thinking Tansy, the guys and a judge at the courthouse. Not a guest list and minister and everything else in between.“

"We’re celebrating coming together in holy matrimony and you don’t do that by having a rushed shotgun wedding.” I argue and he takes a swig of Jack.

“You’d have to be pregnant in order for us to have a shotgun wedding.“

"People will think I am if we get married less than six months from now.” I state.

“Do you think I give a fuck what people will think?” He asks and I lick my lips.

“I want the guest list and the minister and everything in between.“ I admit and he exhales and leans his head back, groaning a little before he stays silent for a few moments. After a while, he looks at me and sighs.