c h a p t e r | e i g h t

December 10 2019

Madison

"So, you're on good terms with Jade now?" Jess asks, looking through a section of clothes.

"Mhm. But I wouldn't exactly say good terms, we don't really get along well like that time when we almost blew up the house when I was trying a new recipe but we both ended up fighting for something I don't even remember and the kitchen caught on fire. Luckily, Josh and Axel were there or we would've been dead but we don't exactly hate each other's guts that much anymore." I say.

"You almost died and you didn't tell me?!" She exclaims.

"I did! I showed the picture of that burnt steak!" I say.

She scoffs.

"I thought you meant that you almost died eating that." She rolls her eyes.

"Well, you're pretty stupid for a brunette." I retort.

She glares at me but I ignore her.

"Okay, let's go try these on." I say and she nods as we make our way towards the dressing room.

"Axel! Wake up!" I hit his head with my purse which made Jess giggle but Axel didn't look too much.

"I'm awake! Stop hitting me, Hazel!" He says, shielding himself from my wrath.

"It's not my fault you fell asleep at a mall. We're gonna go to the dressing room." I say.

"I wasn't sleeping and I'll come with." He says, getting up.

He throws an arm over my shoulder.

"You're lucky I love you." He kisses my forehead.

I roll my eyes despite the smile on my lips and leaned in closer to him.

"Way to make me feel like the thirdwheel!" Jess says.

"Where's Jason?" Axel asks.

"I don't know. He went to get something to eat." Jess shrugs.

"I should've went with him." Axel mumbles making me nudge him.

"Ow! Stop abusing me, woman!" He exclaims making me giggle.

"I thought you liked it rough." I grinned.

"Only in bed." He winks. I laughed at him as we went in the dressing room.

"Stay here." I kissed his cheek.

I gave him my stuff as we went in to try on the clothes for the wedding.

...

"What do you think?" I ask, twirling around for Axel.

"For the hundredth time, you look perfect, babe." Axel says tiredly, hugging me from behind.

I smile at his gesture and lean into him.

"Can we go home already? Even Jess went back." He says.