Gary

Aiden POV

The fluid running out of his nose and the water flowing from his eyes are mixing on his face with his sweat bathing his polo shirt. If he can't control it, he might pee now from his slack. His eyes can't stare at me completely in fear that I will suck it out of his eyelids. The movement of his muscles transparently shows he is not ready to die.

Gary Tan.

Blood is not yet staining his skin, although there are some bruises on his cheekbone. It removed his upper cloth from its previous slack's tuck-in, but still in good condition. Only some dirt lingered in his dress; however, he is already chilling in fright. When I expel out the sack, I used to cover his head. The color of his trembling lips is white, his eyelids are closed tightly while he is murmuring, seems like praying.

This is how I work, clean and quiet, yet it's horrible and unbearable because I torture their system and put them in a horror movie they never believe exists. When I took him without a pack of his bodyguards knowing and brought him to this place with a sack in his head, he knew he was about to die.

I can't understand why they dare to betray us when they are fainting in my simple touch, not even a fully violent one. The smell of the old metal, yellowish-brown flaking rust and grease, is flowering in the air. These soak in my nose, making me inhale the gray smoke coming from my cigarette and pollute my lungs with its nicotine.

I am sitting in a small wooden cargo box while we are inside this large shipping container. Gary is shaking in a circle single chair, almost falling since he can't sit steadily in front of me. The flickering light helps us to see each other in this dark place, but adding panic into his chest, he is hyperventilating.

"I... swear, I never want to double-cross the team... that's why in just a day, I sincerely regret what I've done," he cries like he is suffering from the pain in his brain.

The remaining cigarette in my hand flies as I flick it out between my fingers. It fell on the watery, dirty metal floor, and the tiny burning light died. I am blowing out the wisps of silvery smoke to my mouth; it curled and danced their way to the rattled face of Gary.

"They... still, have no idea... I tell nothing, I promise to the name of our almighty... I promise..." he was repeating like a frightened child.

When I fix my eyes on him, terror might travel through his veins. It made its way through his facial muscles, widening his eyeball and removing the natural color of his skin. It installed weakness in his arm when he raises it slowly and clipped one USB in his fingers, forwarding it to me.

"You came too early... but I honestly on my way to deliver this to you."

The coldness of his fingertips touched my hand when I took the USB he was holding.

"If I ever find out you are cheating on me, Gary, I will not chase you, but your whole family, understood?" I speak casually but face never meant to joke.

"I won't... I won't..." tears mold once more in his eyes, "I save even the last documents I received from his daughter yesterday in that device. I vow with my life, I will hide nothing from you."

My eyelids blink fast, fly them on the USB over my palm upon hearing who's the person who gives him our needed information. Discomfort plays in my chest, and I'm glad he did not notice it when I burst into a heavy breath and fold my fingers to hide the device in my palm.

"Good," I said.

"I'm taking my family... outside the country. We're leaving far from here."

He reveals his plan to me, manifesting that he is true to his word.

"I will let you know where we will stay," he added, nodding his head to increase my confidence in his every statement.

I angle my head towards Anton, who is standing on the side, listening and watching us in silence while laying his back on the metal wall. In a second, I nod to him and Bob, gesturing to them to release the terrified man. The two guys walked towards us, arrested each arm of Gary and helped him stand.

"T... hank you!" He cries in relief as he speaks.

Anton and Bob almost lift him for he is falling in every step, still shaking, even he is freed from his grave. The sound of the creaking metal jingled and allowed the sun rays to enter this dark place when they opened the door. They step outside while another Gary is entering, though this one is not covered with fear. Instead, he has a face of arrogance and superiority.

I sway my arm and in a forceful move; I throw him the USB before he reaches me. Gary's hands hurriedly open and catch the device flying to the air. A grin from ear to ear array on his face when the tiny stick that holds the important data slams into his waiting palms.

"Another piece to help you with your presentation," I announce.

Pulling another cigarette in the pack, I flip the cover of my square, silver, stainless oil, refillable lighter. Rubbing its spark-wheel, the windproof flame decks out. I lean the tip of the thin stick over the fire, and in one sip on its tail, the tiny spark occurs in my cigar. I blow the smoke into the air and insert the lighter into my pocket.

"I hope we are even now," I give him a straight look, "I am giving you the spotlight you want on the coming event. With us on your side."

It exposed his bared teeth in his Cheshire grin, so wide that he was saying his ′yes' without announcing it. That is all he wants, to be famous, to have the credit, and I will give it to him as long as the reward falls to me and my brother later. The Osbourne's property, their business and, most of all, their life and freedom.

This is against my will, to eat my pride and talk to Gary. I won't do this if only I don't have another plan. I know this moron son of Mr. Miller will contradict, heat it to his father and might cause risk in the safety of the only daughter of the Osbourne's King. He is good at entering other businesses, but with Quinn, I want him totally out.

Standing, I throw the cigarette that never reaches half. Smoking will never be my addiction. My lungs yell in suffocation, but I need it some time for a stress reliever.

"The Smith Crowd-ink Company is arriving two days from now. I'll try to check them out to get to know them better, make sure we will have their partnership on the big day," I speak while walking, passing to Gary.

"And the downfall of your greatest enemy," Gary added, "the Osbourne family," then he smirks like a monster that will give you a nightmare.