||20.

Above is Eno's mood board for today's chapter.

This chapter is dedicated to sheymihloreh check out her awesome novel; LIKE STARS.

Enjoy.

                                 • • •

                       ||Eno's POV||

I woke up upon hearing my ear deafening alarm clock. On a normal day, I would have angrily flung my alarm clock to God knows where. But today was different. Absolutely nothing, was gonna ruin my day.

I got out of my bed, reached for my phone on the bed stand, then played a booty shaking music.

I rushed into the bathroom, placed my phone on the sink, stripped out of my nightwear and got into the shower. Once I was satisfied with my body scent, I got out of the shower and wrapped my big red towel around my chest.

I walked back into my room, approached my closet, searched for my teams official Jersey. Once found, I quickly put it on and walked to my table mirror. I styled my hair into a bun. Walked back to my bed, grasped my red hoodie and put it on to cover my jersey, then walked to my full length mirror to admire myself.

You're so damn beautiful.

I grasped my gym bag and head out of my room.

Since there was going to be a competition at school today, the authorities proclaimed today a lecture free day.

"Mum, Dad." I kissed both mum and dad on the cheek, once I arrived at the dining table, and ruffled Emem's hair on my way to my seat.

Emem was still putting on her nightwear, while mum and dad were in office wear.

"Hope you guys are coming to the game," I said, as I reached for the jug, which was placed at the center of the dining.

"Take a chill pill," Emem said with her mouth full. Talk about table manners. "The game's gonna start by six in the evening."

"No......" I dragged, "The girls game's gonna start by six in the evening. Dafe and his team are gonna compete by four."

"Oh," Emem paused to drink her tea. I waited for her to continue, but she didn't.

"Oh?" I asked with raised brows. "Come on girl, he's your partner for the project___"

"Was my partner. The project is over, Eno." Emem said, cutting me off.

I sighed and ignored her comments. "You can't deny the way he looks at you."

"Whoa whoa whoa," Dad stopped Emem and I from discussing any further. "What's this I'm hearing about boys?!"

Uh oh.

"Wow mum, I'm full. Breakfast was delicious." I smiled at mum.

"Eno don't leave me," Emem whispered. She wasn't ready for dad's interrogations. "I will stay mad at you if you do."

"Sorry sis," I whispered back. "Mum thought about forgiveness the other day, right?" I smiled mischievously at her, while she hung her head low out of frustration. She knew what I did there.

I quickly reached for my gym bag which was placed on the floor, and promptly stood up. "Training calls," I smiled at Emem one last time. It took every power in me not to laugh out loud at the sight of Emem's face. Her face right now, was priceless.

                              • • •

Jessie, a jss3 student who was on my team, swiftly passed the ball to me. I bounced the ball and at the same time, ran to aim for the basket. All of a sudden, Osas came out of nowhere and blocked me.