Chapter 24

Nicole woke up to the sounds of movements, she noticed the maids walking in and out of the room with clothes in their hands. She took a careful look at the clothes and realized they were hers, she immediately jumped out of bed.

"What's going on here?" She asked in confusion.

"Ma'am, the boss's mom ordered us to move your belongings to this room." one of the maids replied.

"What! Why?"

"I have no idea, ma'am" Nicole hurriedly left the room and went into her bedroom, she saw Helen giving directions to the maids.

"Helen, why are you moving my things?"

"Good morning to you, too," Helen replied with a smile ignoring Nicole's question.

"Helen, please make them stop." Nicole pleadingly said.

"Why?" Helen asked now turning her attention to Nicole.

"Gabriel isn't going to like this," she replied.

"You both are a couple and couples sleep together, they share the same room."

"But we both love our privacy... Please ask them to stop."

"Well, my dear, the both of you would not be enjoying such privileges anymore. You need to learn to share." Helen replied still directing the maids on the clothes to carry.

"After all, you're both getting married in a month," she added.

Nicole was internally frustrated, nothing she said could make Helen change her mind. Spending a night in Gabriel's room was one thing, but this? This is extreme. She couldn't utter any more words since Helen ignored whatever she said so she just stood there and watched, nervous about Gabriel's reaction when he saw it.

Gabriel got back from work later that day, he was greeted by a nervous-looking Nicole who was waiting for him in the living room. He wondered why she was nervous, he thought they reconciled last night but then why was she acting this way? He decided not to ask her any questions instead he went straight to his bedroom.

Nicole quietly followed behind. On getting to his closet, Gabriel couldn't hide the look of shock on his face.

"I - I. It wasn't me," Nicole stuttered, defending herself. Gabriel looked at her with a raised eyebrow waiting for an explanation.

"Y- your m- mom did it." Nicole continued, emphasizing with her fingers. She mentally cursed herself for stuttering this much.

"I t-tried to stop her b-but she ignored me," she added.

Gabriel left the room to go look for his mom after Nicole's explanation, he knocked on his parent's bedroom door and was greeted by his mom.

"Oh honey, you're back already. How was your day?"

"Mo,m can you please explain to me why you did what you did?" He asked ignoring her question.

"You've always had things done your way, Gabriel. I'm not going to let that happen this time."

"You invaded my privacy and space."

"Really? Did I?... Nicole's your fiancee and you're getting married pretty soon, so the sooner you get used to the changes, the better for you." Helen replied shutting the door in Gabriel's face indicating that she was done talking,

Gabriel was loss for words, his mom was bent on making things more difficult than they already were. He couldn't object nor did he have a choice but to do as she said because his mom has a stubborn personality too and he also didn't want to raise any suspicion.

"How did it go?" Nicole anxiously asked as soon as Gabriel got back to the room.

"It's hopeless talking her out of it," he replied taking off his tie.

"It looks like she isn't joking about the whole wedding thing," Nicole said.

"She isn't."

"So now, we do have to get married right?" She nervously asked.

Gabriel let out a heavy sigh taking a seat on the bed.

"Yes. But we'll figure something out after the wedding," he replied.

"I'm sorry for putting you in this sort of mess." He added.

Nicole felt sad in that instant, she didn't mind going through hell for Gabriel but it seemed he didn't feel the same way. He had every right to be unhappy and even mad because even if he wanted to get married, he would want to do it with someone he loved not someone he barely knew.

"It's okay," she quietly replied feeling disappointed that he couldn't see her the same way she saw him. He must've had really strong feelings for Ashley, she concluded to herself.

 Gabriel woke up the next morning to an empty bed, he wondered where Nicole must be at this early hour, she was usually asleep by this hour (6:00 am). He got out of bed and decided to go shower, he got into the bathroom and to his surprise saw a naked figure in the shower.

"What the hell are you doing in here?!" Nicole screamed on seeing Gabriel.

He hurriedly got out of the bathroom not wanting to see anything more, he had forgotten that they would be sharing the bathroom from today. He was internally grateful that his shower had a glass door so it didn't reveal much due to the steam coming from the hot water but he could tell that she had the shape of a goddess from the little he saw.

He had no idea why he was nervous, it's not like he saw anything or did he? He mentally questioned.

Gabriel kept fighting within himself if he saw something or not when the door to the bathroom opened revealing Nicole with a towel wrapped around her and another on her head. He couldn't help but wonder how soft and smooth her skin would be as he was having an urge to touch it by just staring at it.

"You should've at least knocked, you know," Nicole said bringing him out of his thoughts.

"I had no idea you'd be in there," Gabriel replied trying to defend himself.

Nicole suddenly felt shy and embarrassed, she couldn't believe that Gabriel had seen her naked just a while ago.

"I'm sorry for barging in like that," he apologized noticing the look on Nicole's face.

"I didn't see anything, I swear," he added.

"Are you sure?" she timidly asked not wanting to look at him. He walked up to her and lifted her chin with his finger so she would look at him.

"Believe me. I didn't see anything" he assured her so she could feel relaxed and not nervous around him

Nicole couldn't help the blush that rose on her cheeks just thinking about their current position, she was practically naked with only a towel around her while Gabriel was shirtless with only his pajama pants on. Nicole nodded as a sign that she believed him before running into the closet.