12. The Fateful Kin

I continued to stare blankly at the ceiling of this unfamiliar hospital. A cannula passed into my right hand was hooked up to an IV line. I had no regard of the time or days since that day. It seemed like last night but I knew it must have been a few days. I had no recollection of the events following that incident. Yet, as the memories of those days started to return to my mind, my eyes started brimming with tears. I closed my eyes and the tears slid down my cheeks, soaking the pillow.

"Captain!" His mouth forming into a smile when I called him out.

"It's a promise." His soft warm eyes as they looked into mine.

"You are no intruder." I wonder how I didn't realise the lies behind his words.

"You were playing around so I decided to play along." A sob escaped my lips and I shut my eyes closed.

"You didn't even think about anything and fell for me. How can you trust people so easily. Girls like you are only good for playing with."

'Stop. Please.'

The sobs had once again broken loose and I covered my face in my hands. Didn't even hear someone come in.

"Aasiya! What's wrong?!" Navi cried, pulling my hands away from my face. I let him but didn't look up from his chest when he held me against him.

"Shh. It's alright now. You're okay. I am here." He continued to console me but it only took me moments to push away from him.

"What happened? Why am I here?" I found my voice hollow of emotions and heard him exhale a deep sigh before replying.

"You had a nervous breakdown. I stayed with you in Gilgit hospital for the past 4 days. You were transferred here today." He continued blankly but my mind whirred with the worst possibility.

"How—how did you find me—" My voice stuttered as I turned to watch him whose face had took on a dark look. Did Navi say something to—

"I went to the hotel looking for you, but they said you had long before checked out—Why did you lie to me in your text?" He glowered peering into my eyes and I gulped unintentionally. How had I forgotten about that text? I don't think I made it to the hotel, where I planned to meet him—So, did he find me at Hadi's—

"How did you find me?" It was my turn to glare.

"Someone gave me the address when I called—you had blacked out, they said." He returned plainly but I averted my gaze from his brows knitted in suspicion.

"Why? Are you worried about your pretty little Captain Hadi?" A cold shiver ran down my spine at his voice. Slowly turning to look up at him, I found him regarding me carefully with a sinister grin. I didn't even want to try to think how he came to know about him. I knew it was stupid to underestimate Navi, yet I had made that mistake. 

"Navi—" I didn't mean for my voice to break but it did and I watched Navi inch closer, with a murderous intent.

"Tell me Princess—Is he the one that gave you a breakdown? Did I make a mistake to not take him seriously?" He remarked softly, tugging a lock of hair behind my ear. I could only gape at him through quivering lips as he cupped my face, making me look up at him. His eyes held threat that rendered me speechless.