11| MEETING THE PARENTS

^HECTOR^

Edwards father gave me the chills. Lewis had a weird aura surrounding him and I couldn't figure him out. He was welcoming and kind towards me, but something was up. I couldn't even explain it, but I kept it in for my mates sake.

"Well, I'm very happy Edward found his mate", his mother smiled.

I blushed softly and Edward tugged me closer to him with a soft smile. His mother was very kind and I liked her a lot. Harper complimented me and promised to do stuff together in the future. I guess she was really excited for a daughter-in-law.

"Will your family join us for the mating ceremony?", Louis asked taking a sip of his coffee.

"Yes, they will arrive in two days and will stay for the week", I explained.

He nodded satisfied.

"Well, I'm very excited to meet your Aunt! I was a very big fan of her music back in the day", Harper smiled excitedly.

I smiled back and wanted to reply, but the door flew open. Hector walked in with his fists clenched and his eyes blood-red. Behind him was Courtney, who desperately tried to calm him down.

"What is he doing here?!",

I was deeply shocked by the tone of Harper's question. It was filled with dismay and pure hatred. When I looked at her I could see the disgust and rage in her eyes, a few minutes ago I thought she wasn't even possible to look like that. Now it almost suited her well. Like her mask fell.

"If you ever come close to my mother again, I will tear you to pieces", the threat was thrown at Edwards parents by Hector.

His father remained quiet while Harper let out a scoff and stood up growling. Edward quickly jumped to his feet and sat his mother back down. He tried to calm her down the best he could.

"She isn't some whore you can use every time you try to satisfy your wolf. If you get fucking horny, you have a whore right next to you", Hector snapped at Lewis, who just kept staring at him.

I was so confused about this entire situation. I though Hector was Edwards brother? Why would he call Harper a whore? Did he have another mother? Did Lewis cheat on his own mate?

"Father, I'm terribly sorry", Jonathan hurried in the room and grabbed his brothers arm tightly.

Lewis didn't reply, he just kept on staring at Hector. I was right about him being strange. Why wasn't he speaking?

"Once you find your mate, you'll understand, my boy",

What was that supposed to mean? I kept staring at him, trying to figure him out. The tone of his answer made me realise he somewhere cared for Hector. A lot. It was just written in his eyes.

"Your older brother did. Edward understands", he added looking at my mate, who had finally settled down his mother.

"Edward loves Celeste. Don't compare them to whatever you try to have with my mother. It's insulting", Hector replied.

I looked at him and just wanted to give him a hug. We argue a lot and he gets on my nerves, but he has never been mean or bad against me. He made me feel home and made me laugh. He was just that annoying little brother you had to love.

"Courtney, bring Hector to his room and try to calm him down-", Edward started.

"No, I'm going-",

"Hector", Edward gave him a warning look.

Hector looked like he wanted to punch Edward in his face, but stormed out of the room before pushing over the table. The tea spilled on the floor and glass flew everywhere. Harper screamed in fear and hid in her sons embrace. I backed away and suddenly felt a pain shot in my heel. When I looked down I was bleeding.

The glass had cut me.

"Luna!", Courtney gasped.

She tried to near me, but got pushed back by her father. He glared her down and started to lecture her on how dangerous it was. It didn't look like she appreciated it, since she just stormed out of the room.

I suddenly was lifted up in a pair of strong arms and I looked at a worried Edward. He carried me out towards the infirmary. It wasn't a deep cut, but I know how much he could worry.

The doctor immediately pulled the glass piece out and I already started to heal. In a minute or two it was completely gone.

"I'm going to kill him", he grumbled, but I held into his arm.

"He was upset. He didn't mean it",

"He hurt you",

I pulled him closer and cupped his face. He was cute when he was worried.

"I think he's more hurt than me, Edward. I feel bad for him, he looked really upset",

He sighed and rested his head on my shoulder. I pulled him close to me and went with my hand through his thick blond hair. I felt him relax and pressed a kiss on his cheek.

"I'm sorry about my family, it's just messed up", he confessed.

"You're telling that the girl whose father wants to kill her",

He looked down and then up again. Worry and sadness filled his gorgeous eyes and I wanted to kiss it away.

"Hector gets very protective of his mother, she's the only woman in his life next to Courtney. My father, he's-",

He couldn't finish his sentence. I cupped his face and looked deep into his mesmerising eyes. If he had family problems, I was the first one to understand and realise it's not fun to talk about it.

"You don't have to tell me right now. Let's just make sure Hector isn't too upset",

He nodded and together we walked out of the infirmary. I was worried about Hector, he looked so hurt and raged. Maybe I would understand him more if I knew the story, but for now I wanted to comfort him.